Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss 9/11 - Five Years On. in the Community Center forums; Can't find any one good link to provide on this one, but if you folks wouldn't mind taking the time, I would implore you to do a search for the ...
    Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Can't find any one good link to provide on this one, but if you folks wouldn't mind taking the time, I would implore you to do a search for the name Cyril Richard "Rick" Rescorla, my personal hero (frankly, the only man who trumps Indy for me). He's responsible for saving 2,700 lives five years ago, and it angers me no end that in the middle of all the garbage the media was spewing out that day, this story never really got out.

These days, we as a nation (heck, as a world) need to know we've got people like this among us.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Last edited by trickster; 09-11-2006 at 03:31 PM. Reason: New Links Added
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    That's the man. Great link--thanks, mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    That's the man. Great link--thanks, mate!
    Any time - That's would great friends are for.
    Rich

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    Can't find any one good link to provide on this one, but if you folks wouldn't mind taking the time, I would implore you to do a search for the name Cyril Richard "Rick" Rescorla, my personal hero (frankly, the only man who trumps Indy for me). He's responsible for saving 2,700 lives five years ago, and it angers me no end that in the middle of all the garbage the media was spewing out that day, this story never really got out.

These days, we as a nation (heck, as a world) need to know we've got people like this among us.

I saw that Jake... And sadly I am pretty sure that he wasn't the only one that went unnoticed...We have so many petty fueds, and for what... It only amounts to a hill of beans when something like this happens...
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Suiteliferoxs is offline I'm back and im ready to post!
    Why would someone do such a thing? I feel so so sorry for the families that had lost someone in 9/11.
    Got Disney?

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    As promised some pics from the FLight 93 site. I know we have more, but I cant figure out which role of undeveloped film it is on. I will put them up when i can.

The first one is a plaque that a motorcycle group donated. There are tons of plaques there.

The second is the patch wall(for lack of a better name) It is a large chain link fence about 15 feet tall by about 25 long. It is absolutely covered with mementos from ppl all over the place. The board is only a portion of the entire fence.

Very moving place to be.
    Last edited by vixen101485; 05-15-2007 at 11:45 AM.

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    My husband was still on active duty in the Marines. We were in Camp Lejeune, NC and I was at work when it happened. After the second plane hit, I had the horrible feeling that it wasn't over. Of course, later one plane hit the Pentagon and the other in Pa. The base officials announced they were locking down the base. We didn't live on base, but our daughter attended daycare on base. My biggest fear was, "what if those people target the military bases." At the time, my husband was an instructor at SOI, so they let him leave early that day to go pick up our daughter. We spent the next several days and nights praying and watching reports.

Every night was sleepless (for several days) and every time one of us woke up we would check to see if any more survivors had been pulled out. Many, many sleepless nights. I thanked God that I didn't lose anyone, but I cried for everyone that did. I still do.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I was only 10 yrs old and in 5th grade at the time. We were out on the playground and our principal told us to all go inside. It spread around that we were going inside for a fire drill and I along with everyone else was very upset that they would want to do that during recess. When we came inside our teacher told us the the WTC towers and the Pentagon had been bombed. I was the only one in my class to know what the Pentagon was, and I thought the WTC had something to do with the UN building. It wasn't until later that I found what the WTC was and that planes had actually flown into the buildings and that another plane had crashed into a field.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye
    my friends dad had to go over to iraq.he came home like 2 months ago. he stayed over there of like a year and a half.
    Kingdom Keepers forever!!

LadyDooley is offline A Wishing Apple?
    If it is not too late I would like to add my account!

We live in Brooklyn about 6 miles and ove the river from where the towers were.I like most of you saw the unfolding on the news.

My husband had left for work in the city.(He is a photographer) Although his studio is far away from the towers, He works all over the city in jobs and places everywhere!!
    He was in the subway on the line that runs just under the towers. He was on the last running train they sent through there! He said people were getting on the train shakking and crying. He had no idea why. He heard something about a plain. Once in the studio he realized all that had happened.

I walked around the neiborhood that day in a daze. Everyone did. We all watched the cloud of smoke slowly roll tward our neiborhood. What a strange sight. That smoke did reach our neiborhood around 2am. It smelled like the house next door was on fire!!

I sat last night in reflection of these moments last night as I watched the Lights that shone where the towers once stood from my back window!

Thank You for letting me share them!

Loves First Kiss!

It is never to late - and thank you.
    Rich

vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye
    i think it is time to re-new this thread. it has been 6 years ago today. When this all happened i wasn't sure of what was going on. it was the first week into first grade then all the teachers gathered us into the cafe and told us we were all going home early. no one knew why tho. And being a first grader it was frighting to go home at 1:00pm and find out what was going on. The next day we were back at school the principal and the gym teacher explained it all to us. It was and always will be the greatest memory i will have from first grade.. Even tho it has been 6 years since the war started, Me and My friends still have only the slightest clue on what is really happening over there..
    God Bless America
    Kingdom Keepers forever!!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I remember I was in 7th grade passing to my next class and kids were talking about some plane crash, but nobody really knew for sure what happened. When I got to science class my teacher had the television on and was crying. I'll never forget that moment, and my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by the terrible tragedy.

America, spread your golden wings, sail on freedom's wind, 'cross the sky...
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I was in 5th grade and my class was having library class. My teacher got the librarian and took her into our room (which was right out the door.) She came back and we asked her what was the matter, she said nothing. So when library class was over we went back to our room and asked out teacher. He turned on out tv and told us what was going on. He said the school might be let out early and if our parents or relatives worked in Chicago they were coming home. We didn't go home early, thank God nothing happened in Chicago. We went back to our normal day and we turned on the tv a few more times that day...I remeber crying when I got home.

That was a day I'll NEVER FORGET!

Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast