Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss New Idea f in the Community Center forums; Hey DWT Family I have an new idea that I thought if it takes off maybe Lou could add a subforum for it or maybe add it to his book ...
    JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO

New Idea f

Hey DWT Family I have an new idea that I thought if it takes off maybe Lou could add a subforum for it or maybe add it to his book hint hint . Here it is in a nutshell. Well as we all know or may not know Birbaum has a book that comes out every year for Kids by Kids on WDW. I thought since a lot of us have kids wether they be our own or a niece or a nephew or any kid in your life I thought why don't we add their thoughts and suggestion to things to do in the park from their point of view. Like most of us we have questions on what we can we do ,or see or ride,or where to eat at the parks and that usually from a grown up point of view. Also a lot of times I have seen questions on the forums inregards to what can my 5 year old do or what about my 8 year old will she or he be scared of such and such ride or do you think my 11 year old will like this place to eat things of that nature. It so easy to answer for them because your their parent or you were there to see what happen. So I figured why not give the kids a voice and let them tell us what are the best things to do in Happiest Place on Earth. I figure since a lot of us have children and there such a range of ages frome newborns up to teens we could get a lot differnt suggestion. What I would like to do and this can change later on to better make since was post based on age range. Example:

Kids ages 5-8
    What is your favorite ride to ride in any of the 4 parks and why do you think it is a fun ride for kids your age.

Or
    Kids ages 9-12
    What is your favorite place to eat in WDW or the Resorts and why do you think kids would like it?

Get the idea. I know it hard to get kids to concentrate on things that they think is work but hey it Disney Im sure they would love to answer these questions.

Right now this is just an idea and if a lot of people are interseted in doing it I'll post one question every week and break them into age ranges and at the end of the week I'll post them all together so if anyone is heading down to the World they can have some idea as to what they can do with their kids.

If anyone has any suggestion on how I can format this idea properly let me know.
    Last edited by JEDIPRINCESS; 09-13-2006 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Because Melissa is a pain in the you know what lol

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Jer,

A great idea to share our tips.

May I suggest a Thread for each age range so you don't have to reorganize. Also that way if someone has a child in the age range they only need to check that thread.

I'll have to discuss with Lou which forum we think it would be appropriate for and get back to you.

To everyone else, please hold off on posting actual tips until we set up the threads.

Feel free to "pre-disuss" the idea whil we work.

"Pardon our Pixie Dust"
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe View Post
    Jer,

A great idea to share our tips.

May I suggest a Thread for each age range so you don't have to reorganize. Also that way if someone has a child in the age range they only need to check that thread.

I'll have to discuss with Lou which forum we think it would be appropriate for and get back to you.

To everyone else, please hold off on posting actual tips until we set up the threads.

Feel free to "pre-disuss" the idea whil we work.

"Pardon our Pixie Dust"

Thanks Val my kids are already chomping at the bit to give me suggestions and since we are heading back down in January they can give more advice and ideas as to what to do. I really hope this takes off. Just let me know when we can start. Thanks for the help on this.

Guys I really like the ideas to come from your kids only not what you think. The only adult suggestions should only be from anyone if children from Infants to 4 years old only. If your 4 year old is able to answer the question fine if not okay.

Guys really would like your thoughts on this idea.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Jer....

You can startyour threads (one for each age range) in the Vacation Planning WDW Theme Parks Forum.

Please make your instructions/rules very clear in the first post of each one of the threads. (Similar if not identical rules for each section)

Have fun!!!!

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Thanks Val I hope this takes off.