Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Please Remember!!! in the Community Center forums; Hello everyone, With polls coming out everyday in a dead heat, I feel it's my duty to remind everyone to VOTE on Tuesday. Please remind neighbors, friends, family, whoever... to ...
    Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland

Arrow Please Remember!!!

Hello everyone,

With polls coming out everyday in a dead heat, I feel it's my duty to remind everyone to VOTE on Tuesday. Please remind neighbors, friends, family, whoever... to VOTE on Tuesday.

Also, a lot of people have a hard time getting to polling places, if you know somebody that does, PLEASE OFFER YOUR HELP.

America needs to turn out for this very important election.

If you still have faith and believe in America... you will VOTE on November 2, 2004.

Thank You,
    Summer Sun
    Republican President 2024

Last edited by Summer Sun; 10-28-2004 at 12:28 PM.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

huskybear is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I didn't realize that this was a political forum.
    George

flutter is offline Moderator
    me either

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Few things:

1. This is a general discussion forum of DWT and I don't think politics are off limits sadly.

2. Be mindful of what you post politics (and religion) wise, you never know who you may offend, especially when you openly display one candidate over another and use phrases like "make the right choice vote person X."

3. I do wish more Americans would exercise their right to vote, so I do encourage that. A simple get out and vote message would have been more nuetral.

4. Up until now, DWT was sorta "politics free" zone. I'd like it to return to that myself.

5. We do have some non-Americans here too who could probably care less about US politics.

just my humble opinions...
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

I am sorry if I offended anybody. The message itself is neutral, I on the otherhand do support the President. I also realize that we have international citizens in the DWT Family, America is an international country and most likely what happens here somehow affects them.

Once again, I apologize for offending anyone. I just wanted to make sure people got out and voted.

"THIS MESSAGE IS NOT APPROVED BY ANY CANDIDATE OR CANDIDATES PARTY AND IS JUST AN INFORMATIVE MESSAGE FOR ELECTION 2004."

Last edited by Summer Sun; 10-28-2004 at 12:54 PM.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years

I agree, Amanda. I don't look to DWT for political views, just as I wouldn't look towards the president for information on Disney World...
    George

I just wanted people to vote!!!! The signature would be here regardless of making the statement or not.

I hope you all understand.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer Sun
    I just wanted people to vote!!!! The signature would be here regardless of making the statement or not.
    Ahhh...but your signature DOES make a statement. That was part of my point in my previous post.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Would this be the first time that Bush has "visited" Disney?...
    George

I follow the rules, and a political advertisment rule is that all advertisments must be off the airwaves and out of print media by no later than two days after the general election. It will be gone by that deadline.

Sincerely,
    Summer Sun
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years

He was there to record his voice for the "Hall of Presidents". AND, has two wonderful daughters who he took there a few times before he became Governor of Texas.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years

Thanks for the clarification.
    George

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I just noticed this thread and felt I should step in.

The General discussion forums are for just that - anything you want to discuss that is not Disney-related. I struggled with the decision to include this forum or not when setting up the site, based on problems I have seen on other boards.

However, I feel that our site is different in many ways, and wanted to not limit our community to just Disney. I stand by that decision and see no need to change my opinion.

That being said, there are always certain topics which will illicit reactions from people. Some good. Some not so good. Politics, religion, favorite superhero, whatever.

I do not feel that it is in anyone's best interest to ban topics, delete posts (within reason, of course), and certainly not ban users (again, unless their egregious actions dictate same).

I have no problem whatsoever with Summer's post. As an American, I also believe that we should all exercise our right to vote. I don't think it crosses any type of "line" by trying to be inflammatory at all.

By the same token, I also will not ask a user to remove or change their signature which may or may not espouse a certain political viewpoint. If you support one side or the other, breast cancer awareness, Ben or J-Lo... that's fine. Again, as long as it is within the scope of keeping this a "family-friendly" site.

So, the bottom line is this: These forums are here for you. If you want to use the General forums to discuss an issue that is non-Disney related, please feel free. If something sparks discussion or debate, that's fine, too. If you don't want to be a part of it, then just ignore it. Of course, if there is ever a post that is offensive or otherwise inappropriate, I would expect a Moderator and/or members to notify me immediately.

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thank you Lou,

Ladies and Gentlemen, the signature will be removed by the national deadline for political advertisments.

Thank you.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    That being said, there are always certain topics which will illicit reactions from people. Some good. Some not so good. Politics, religion, favorite superhero, whatever.
    Whoa...don't start dragging those superhero debates into this!

Per the OP's suggestion, just vote if you are eligible. This country is for the people, by the people....who vote!
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast