Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss It's beginning to look a lot like HALLOWEEN... in the Community Center forums; The Halloween festivities have officially begun at our house! Jen and I started decorating this past weekend, which means it's time for my annual Halloween thread. And let me tell ...
    PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...

Talking It's beginning to look a lot like HALLOWEEN...

The Halloween festivities have officially begun at our house! Jen and I started decorating this past weekend, which means it's time for my annual Halloween thread. And let me tell you how exciting it is to have a house to decorate and not just an apartment balcony this year. I can't wait to get all the decorations up and start scaring the new neighbors!

Anyway, feel free to post your Halloween traditions, pics, stories, favorite costumes, movies, et.c here to share with your DWT Family. Let's make this a monsterously fun thread! See all you silly spooks later...
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    I love this thread! Well, i haven't started decorating yet. but we will soon. Every year we decorate our house like Crazy!! Inside and out. Also, this is my favoriteeeee:
    For my whole life, 14 years lol, I have always dressed up as a disney character. I have no idea if i will trick-or-treat this year, but if i do...i don't know what character to be...AHHH! I can't wait for Halloween and i wish i am in Disney right now. I hope that everyone has a happy and safe halloween!

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Kids don't trick-or-treat in the UK, so I will miss handing out candy, but I don't have a "magic" door anymore anyway. Our old house had a storm door that had a full-glass front. Halloween was the perfect time for switching the screen to the glass. Since our porch was rather narrow, I would remove the screen on Halloween, and reach through the opening instead of opening the storm door. Little kids didn't think too much about it, but the bigger kids were usually startled. I even had a couple kids take a jump backwards. They thought there was glass in the door.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Do we get photo's of the house Bobby???

Tanner is struggling between being Tigger or Buzz Lightyear. Parker is going to dress in a non-Disney costume for the first time in his life Mommy isn't handling it well! Wait...I guess that a SW Jedi could kinda be considered "Disney" because of Star Wars Weekends!!!!!!

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Ah yes!

My favorite holiday.

However, I realized I would have Fantasticks rehearsal that night! What do I do?
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

magikindom is offline It's Yeti time!
    I'm in the Hallween spirt, we start decarating this weekend!!
    I'm only happy in Disney World
    I am still a proud pod person
    Keep on babbeling

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    I haven't decorated yet. I need to crack the whip though. We usually have so many trick-or-treaters in the neighborhood that you can barely drive down the streets.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    Kids don't trick-or-treat in the UK, so I will miss handing out candy, but I don't have a "magic" door anymore anyway. Our old house had a storm door that had a full-glass front. Halloween was the perfect time for switching the screen to the glass. Since our porch was rather narrow, I would remove the screen on Halloween, and reach through the opening instead of opening the storm door. Little kids didn't think too much about it, but the bigger kids were usually startled. I even had a couple kids take a jump backwards. They thought there was glass in the door.
    It sounds like it was a tradition in the past. When did they stop, or do you mean it just stopped in your particular neighborhood?

I haven't started decorating yet, but maybe this thread will help motivate me. The only tradition I can think of off hand is that on Halloween night, before my kids went out trick or treating, I would always make this ground beef and vegtables mixture (never ate it any other time of the year) and I would put in a hallowed out pumpkin . The kids always loved scooping their Halloween dinner out of the pumpkin.
    Last edited by GIOny; 10-05-2006 at 08:58 AM.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

double post
    Last edited by GIOny; 10-05-2006 at 08:52 AM.

never mind, trible post, I never knew this post went through last night!
    Last edited by GIOny; 10-05-2006 at 09:01 AM.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Years ago (before the kids came along) we used to dress up every year to hand out candy, I don't mean just a mask or a pair of ears or something, we went all out. One year I dressed all in black, painted my face green, put on a black wig, cape and witch hat. I was the more approachable of the bunch...Bf wore a lumberjack type jacket with an ugly skeleton-disfigured mask thing that covers your whole head, it had a strand of white hair on top and he had the creepy hand gloves to go with it, anway, he would hide behind the car or bushes and just pop out of nowhere scaring the kids. My friend Carole was dressed like the Scream guy, she had a huge plastic knife and would run after the bigger kids down the street. Her husband was in a business suit torn to shreds with fake blood everywhere (which did not want to come off and he had to go to meetings the next day - ha!) he was lying on the ground in front of a car as if he got hit by it, chalk outline, yellow police tape, fake blood on the ground, the works! He just lied there motionless while the kids walked by and would then twitch or try to grab their ankles. It was AWESOME. The little kids would wait at the curb and I had to bring candy to them, they were way too scared. Later on when kids were pretty much done trick or treating, a police car pulls up. UH-OH.....the officer comes up to us, we were thinking that we might have taken it too far. But no, his kid had come to get candy and told his dad how cool our house was and he just had to come check it out for himself. I should dig up those pics and post them!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Reminds me of last year, took the boys trick or treating (see sig pic) and one house had a coffin in front of it, from a distance I noticed that there was someone in it who'd pop out when people would get close. When we got to that house, I knew the guy was going to sit up, even though I was expecting it I still screamed my head off when he did, then AJ got scared too and started crying, not sure if it was me or the guy that scared him more...so much fun when people get into the spirit!

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by disney fanatic View Post
    I love this thread! Well, i haven't started decorating yet. but we will soon. Every year we decorate our house like Crazy!! Inside and out. Also, this is my favoriteeeee:
    For my whole life, 14 years lol, I have always dressed up as a disney character. I have no idea if i will trick-or-treat this year, but if i do...i don't know what character to be...AHHH! I can't wait for Halloween and i wish i am in Disney right now. I hope that everyone has a happy and safe halloween!
    Well I'm glad you posted in my thread anyway! Please post some pics once you get your house all decorated. Hopefully I'll get more done this weekend, but I'm not sure since I think my wife and I will be visiting the Land of Oz this weekend.

What Disney characters have you been in past Halloweens? Who are some of your favorite characters? Maybe we could help you come up with some ideas for this year.
    ~Bobby Jack

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    I love your "magic" door idea! I would love to try that this year... We've got a glass storm door at our new house and I think that would be a fun way to pass out candy.
    ~Bobby Jack

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    It sounds like it was a tradition in the past. When did they stop, or do you mean it just stopped in your particular neighborhood?

I haven't started decorating yet, but maybe this thread will help motivate me. The only tradition I can think of off hand is that on Halloween night, before my kids went out trick or treating, I would always make this ground beef and vegtables mixture (never ate it any other time of the year) and I would put in a hallowed out pumpkin . The kids always loved scooping their Halloween dinner out of the pumpkin.
    When we were in here in the 70's, the UK didn't celebrate Halloween at all. They still don't go door to door, but they do have parties and make or buy costumes.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast