Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
General Discussions Discuss What book are you reading right now? in the Community Center forums; Just finished Kingdom Keepers very quickly. Might try Outlander next....
    sjh801 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Just finished Kingdom Keepers very quickly. Might try Outlander next.
    Sandy

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyDznyCamper View Post
    I liked Son of a Witch, maybe a little more than Wicked. The style is not quite as hard to follow as Wicked was, but it does move from one time to another for the first few chapters. If you liked Wicked you will enjoy Son of a Witch. I must say though that the ending has me waiting for the next novel in the series(at least I hope there is a next one)
    PS: I did read both of these books over my 3wk break, so I finished one and went right to the other.

Have you read any of his other novels? (Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, Mirror Mirror, etc)
    I liked Wicked but did not care at all for those two and I purchased all of them (a mistake on my part) I am just not sure if I want to chance it, but since you enjoyed it and I liked Wicked maybe I should give it a try. I would probably need to read Wicked once more since it has been a long time since I read the book.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    I think you would be ok reading S.O.W. without rereading Wicked, things are pretty clear in this one, as far as what refers back to Wicked. I have not read any of his other books, and I'm not sure I want to, his style kinda requires you to really pay attention to detail. no just skiming the page.
    Maggie

hikaru-chan is offline Hikaru, the heartless destroyer
    I'm currently reading Eldest, i'm dying to finish it and for the next one to come out.
    Digging the little guy.

On an adventure to find the heartless that stole my loves heart.
    Now kicking heartless butt and taking down names, but with no leads on my loves whereabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyDznyCamper View Post
    I think you would be ok reading S.O.W. without rereading Wicked, things are pretty clear in this one, as far as what refers back to Wicked. I have not read any of his other books, and I'm not sure I want to, his style kinda requires you to really pay attention to detail. no just skiming the page.

Ok I will most likely pick that one up too.

I know what you mean about the style. I think his books would be phenomenal if they weren't so hard to follow. COnfessions of an Ugly Stepsister was ok. Mirror Mirror however was extremely difficult, every chapter had a different narrator.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    I loved Wicked, but not as fond of S.O.W. It didn't keep my interest as well as Wicked. I have thought of looking at his other books. Maybe I will get them from the library instead of buying.
    Kingdom Keepers is on my list to read - but have not had the chance to go out and buy it yet.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Sweet Revenge - Nora Roberts

and this week I'll start reading for all my english classes... I believe that

Moll Falnders is first for my Novel class!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Donna View Post
    I loved Wicked, but not as fond of S.O.W. It didn't keep my interest as well as Wicked. I have thought of looking at his other books. Maybe I will get them from the library instead of buying.
    Kingdom Keepers is on my list to read - but have not had the chance to go out and buy it yet.
    The library may be your best bet, but who knows, you may really like them. It was just my opinion that they were difficult to stick with. I might have to pick up SOW at the library first too.

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    Sweet Revenge - Nora Roberts

and this week I'll start reading for all my english classes... I believe that

Moll Falnders is first for my Novel class!
    Moll Flanders? I think I saw the movie with Morgan Freeman. I didn't know it was a book. Over Christmas break, I read Night, Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception (reread), Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony, The Kingdom Keepers (I am now terrified to go on IASW), some of Disney: The Ultimate Guide, and some of The Interpretation of Dreams by Freud (hard to follow and not very interesting, so I put it down and may read a little of it at different times. I know I won't agree with what he has to say, but I thought I would read some of it just so I could be knowledgeable.) I am now reading Terrier by Tamora Pierce. Now that school has started back, I will have to read 8 books (maybe more) for English by the end of the semester, and I won't get to read what I want to read. There is a list of books that I can choose from for 6 of the books, but I haven't seen the list yet. The other two books are Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis (for class discussion) and Great Expectations (for Honors English).
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    Finished Kingdom Keepers
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

Woot!

I finished Eragon and now am off to see the movie.

Going to begin The Looking Glass Wars tonight.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan View Post
    Going to begin The Looking Glass Wars tonight.

It's really an interesting read. I enjoyed it.

I'm going to start Kingdom Keepers soon.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Just started Deception Point by Dan Brown.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan View Post
    How was Son of a Witch? I read and enjoyed Wicked, but I am not really a fan of Gregory Maguire's writing style. I was interested to know how people liked Son of a Witch though.
    I loved Son of a Witch! I read it right before last summer. (I think?) I wrote about it on here somewhere, but I couldn't tell you in what forum it was now... Hmmmmm, where did that review go?
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    The Mermaid's Chair

and

a book about ADD/ADHD but now I can't remember the actual title
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast