Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
General Discussions Discuss What book are you reading right now? in the Community Center forums; I still have all My Stephen King Books to read Yet!...
    MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    I still have all My Stephen King Books to read Yet!
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Let's bring this back folks!

Right now I am reading "River of Secrets" by Shannon Hale. It is somewhat of a sequel to "The Goose Girl" and "Enna Burning"
    It is just ok. "Goose Girl" and "Enna Burning" were absolutely awesome. But "River of Secrets" revolves around one of the boys from the first books and it is more of a boy tale, you know wars and boy stuff. But it is still a good read.

Prior to that I read "The Kitchen Boy" by Robert Alexander, which was absolutely spectacular writing. It is about one of the kitchen boys who were with the Romanovs in their last days. It is fiction but historical fiction. The events in the story were somewhat true but the story of this boy is not. A few months back I got a little obsessed with the Romanovs and have gotten alot of books about them. Such a tragic event.
    Last edited by Shere_Khan; 10-26-2007 at 11:17 AM.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I got obssessed a little with that family back in high school. I haven't read a book about them in almost 18 years.
    I was going to stop at the library on my lunch today- I'll see if they have that one. I love historical fiction. I kind of go in cycles though- right now I am in my suspense/mystery phase. I am listening to Mystic River by Dennis Lehane and something by Jeffrey Deaver. He's pretty good.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Im reading My Friend Leonard by James Frey. Its the second book to A Million Little Pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    I got obssessed a little with that family back in high school. I haven't read a book about them in almost 18 years.
    I was going to stop at the library on my lunch today- I'll see if they have that one. I love historical fiction. I kind of go in cycles though- right now I am in my suspense/mystery phase. I am listening to Mystic River by Dennis Lehane and something by Jeffrey Deaver. He's pretty good.
    Robert Alexander also wrote a book called Rasputin's Daughter, I think I am going to read it next. He also wrote a nonfiction book about them that is more like a text book, so he is well educated on the family and events. You should pick up The Kitchen Boy if you are interested in them. It puts a pretty crazy twist on the story and it is written very well.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    trying to read Disney Wars

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    The Land between the rivers (a hsitorical fiction about early Babylon)
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I'm not reading anything at the moment, but trying to decide what book I want to take on the cruise with me. Any suggestions?

One week this summer I read the Harry Potter series, books one through seven, right after Deathly Hallows came out. I wanted to see what the hulabaloo was about and once I got started I couldn't stop. I thorougly enjoyed them.
    They call me "Nana"

I can suggest some great books that are technically young adult (mostly fantasy like Harry) but I find them just as interesting being 25 years old, if you are interested in those kinds of books.
    What genres do you like the most? Mystery? Romance? Historical Fiction? Non-Fiction? Just plain old fiction? LOL

Let me know and I will look at my stacks of books and give you some recommendations.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Mystery, suspense. I loathe romance.
    They call me "Nana"

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    I am reading Disney Trivia vol 2 , not signed by Lou though

I am reading The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (I believe is her name)
    So far so good, pretty interesting.

Iwannabeminnie, mystery/suspense are genres that I don't read very often so hopefully someone else on here can jump in and give you a great suggestion. An author named VIctoria Holt has written some specatular books that are set in 1600's-1800's Europe, that are mysteries but have romance added in. I believe the term is "Gothic." The romance however, is not over the top or smutty, it just normally happens where the girl the book is based on might fall in love with someone who may or may not turn out to be the "bad guy." I am not a big romance reader either but I absolutely love her books for the mystery. However, she wrote most of her books in the 70's and 80's and I don't believe they are printed and sold anymore, but they should be able to be found in the library. She is one of my favorite writers.

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    Mystery, suspense. I loathe romance.
    James Patterson is v.good as is Michael Connely. I have also read PJ Tracy, it is a mother and daughter combo but they are v. good and they have written 3 books so far.
    Otherwise you can't beat a good old fashioned Agatha Christie for a bit of suspense!!
    Hope I have helped

Regarding mystery, I have heard that Janet Evanovitch (sp?) writes good mystery/suspense with added humor. Never read one though.

vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye
    a mystery book i have read was in 6th grade. It was called The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin. It's about 21 people. But three of them are the same person. I wont tell who the murderer is or Who the three people are. This book starts on the 4th of July. It ends 1 year later on the 4th of July. There were some words that i didn't know. There are tons of problems going on at once. Like robery and suicide and many other problems. It really helps if you take notes or else you will get lost! All 21 Main characters are some how related. And the youngest girl's older sister made home made bombs. Its an interasting book and takes a while to understand. But i recomand it to anyone who wants a somewhat challenge on a mystery. I also still have all of the most challenging words definition of any does read it and wants the meaning.

Another great book i would recomand is Homeless Bird by Gloria Whelan.It is based in a small village in Africa. It takes you on an adventure of a 13 year old girl around the nothern part of Africa. She becomes a widow and has to travel all around with her new family. This book takes you into a world of a 13 Year old Koly and how her life changed.

Both of these books i have read. I recomand them to everyone!
    PM me if anyone has a question I'll be happy to help
    Kingdom Keepers forever!!

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast