Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Childhood Favorites in the Community Center forums; I watched Paula's Party on the Food Network the other day and it was about food you loved as a child. She made some yummy stuff, but then asked people ...
    GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!

Childhood Favorites

I watched Paula's Party on the Food Network the other day and it was about food you loved as a child. She made some yummy stuff, but then asked people what their favorite food was as children. Then they made stuff with Glorios (cause she couldn't name the cookie) and a sponge cake with white filling, like something that rhymes with Winkies.

So, I was thinking, what was my favorite food as a kid.
    I had to think about it since I am now ancient...

Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Creme sandwiches.
    I found out years later, that other people ate these too, but called them Fluffernutters.

What was your favorite childhood food/ snack/ candy?
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

LOVED fluffernutters as well Lara! It was either that or a ground bologna sandwich with Grandma's own canned sweet pickles...YUMMY (still one of my favorites and usually have them around the holidays).

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Hmmm I liked Cheese and Mustard sandwiches, Candy Corn (still love this), and that is all I can think of right now
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Sour Cream and onion Pringles

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    My mom made this Cornbeef caserole every week. I absolutely loved it. Even to this day if I'm grocery shopping with her and I see those ingredients in her cart I always let her know to make enough for me as well.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    There was a nice old gal who owned a pizza place in my old neighborhood, and she made the best calzone I've ever had. She passed on when I was still pretty small, and I remember crying over her, and knowing that I'd never have one that good again.

And to this day, still haven't found one to match hers.

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    I make a mean calzone, but my favorite childhood food was homemade fudge. I still can't make it like mom did.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Ohh, so many to pick from. Well, when i was a child, I went to disney three times a year. So i grew up on this one food/snack. There are so many others to pick from, but i want to make my childhood memory disney related, because i love disney. Well, its roasted almonds..Ohh just thinking about them makes my mouth water. With the sugar lightly coating the warm toasted outside..yum..ohh..now I'm hungry!
    The smell is so amazing, it attracts crowds, and I love it! I always get that with my family when we go..always!

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Jake's calzone story reminded me of my favorite restaurant as a child, it was called Luna Pizzeria, owned by a Greek family, the sons were in a rock band and would practice in the basement, so often you got free entertainment. The dad would always be tossing dough up in the air and that would fascinate my sister and I. The mom would serve and the sons would deliver the pizzas. Anyway, going there was a treat, slice of pizza and a Brio, to this day I've never had a pizza as good as theirs. Then for dessert, we'd go right next door to Twisty Creme for a chocolate dipped cone.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Another fun thing was going to the butcher shop with my mom, the butcher was European and had tons of treats especially around Easter and Christmas, I would love going to look at all the stuff and when we'd leave he would always give us Swiss chocolates.

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Oh, an italian bakeries in NY. Especially Brooklyn. If you have never been to brooklyn, you don't know what you are missing out on.

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT