Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss You Tube video on importance of car seat safety in the Community Center forums; A friend of mine just sent me a link to this You Tube video that has me speechless and crying at the moment. I think that anyone who has a ...

Exclamation You Tube video on importance of car seat safety

A friend of mine just sent me a link to this You Tube video that has me speechless and crying at the moment. I think that anyone who has a young child needs to watch this and please share the link with any family or friends that you can. I have so much respect for this family that they were able to put themselves out there and share their tragedy in hopes of sparing another family the same pain.

Please take a moment and watch this video....I hope it touches you the way it has me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azgBhZfcqaQ&NR

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    OMG, That is so tradgic and sad.

I know of friends who have young kids and booster seats. I'm sure the designs here wont differ that much.

I have sent an email link to them.
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

I will never hear that song the same way again it will remind me of this little boy everytime.

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Melis... I still have goosebumps.. I just sent that video on, in hopes it reaches someone else. Thank you for sharing that.
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale View Post
    Melis... I still have goosebumps.. I just sent that video on, in hopes it reaches someone else. Thank you for sharing that.

I thought it was important enough to share...thanks for doing the same!

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Well, of course I can't watch it here at work... But I'll try pulling it up at home, which means I'll have to watch it with no sound. I just can't win! Anyhow, you said it was important Melis so I'll pass it on...
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Thanks for the link Melissa I always fight with my girls about wearing their seatbelts the right way. I will show them this to so they can understand mom not nagging for no reason.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    Oh my gosh..that was powerful. I'm forwarding that to everyone I know with a small child.

Glad that this is helping to get the word out guys....

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Sent it to many many people. Just hope it helps...

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thanks Melissa. That video validates why I have my girls belted in EVERY time we get in the car. My youngest is 4 year old now, technically "old" enough for a booster, but she is less than 40 lbs(out girls are petite) and will be in a 5 point for as long as I can. They know that when Mommy and Daddy go race, they always wear their seat belts and that they have to do the same when they are in the car.

I wish that I could have that video to show to the people I see with 2 and 3 year olds jumping around in the back seat, or the young mom nursing her baby while driving down the road, or the new parents who don't make the straps tight enough to hold their baby in because "it isn't comfortable for the baby and she cries."

I am a car seat nazi(please don't take offense to that word), my family will tell you the same . I am the one they come to when they need a new seat installed in a car. Most seats are NOT installed properly. But, I also feel that there needs to be more protection for kids under 10 years old. Basal skull fractures (like what killed Dale Earnhardt) can happen to kids also in the event of a major impact. There needs to be some sort of Head and Neck restraint for kids as their neck muscles aren't strong enough to hold the weight of their heads in an accident.

Thank you so much for posting this. I am going to pass it on to all of my family and anyone I know with little kids.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

You are welcome Todd, when I received it from a friend of mine I felt it was just too powerful to set aside. I completely agree with you and was wondering if there's room for two on that soap box?

Thanx for the link, Melis - My Melanie's gonna be in a 5 point harness until she's 16!!

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    You are welcome Todd, when I received it from a friend of mine I felt it was just too powerful to set aside. I completely agree with you and was wondering if there's room for two on that soap box?
    It's a big SoapBox, come on up and bring your friends!!!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!