Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss I need some hints and Tips!!! in the Community Center forums; Hello i'm going to WDW for the first time in Jan w/my 9 yr old son,Sister in law,niece,and my husband.. I want to know what a nine yr old would ...
    First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!

Lightbulb I need some hints and Tips!!!

Hello i'm going to WDW for the first time in Jan w/my 9 yr old son,Sister in law,niece,and my husband..

I want to know what a nine yr old would really like and must see attactions for him!!

Also, anything else anyone may have good advice on.

We're stay at French Quarters would love to know how the hotel is..

And lastly has anyone used the airport pick up??

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Ohhhh, i could go on and on what your 9 year old would like.
    A few of the Must rides;
    Splash Moutain; Space Moutain; Buzz Lightyear; Big Thunder Mountain Railroad; Pirates of the Carribbean; The Haunted Mansion and the list goes on and on.....

I'm certain that some other members can inform you some more. Hope you have a wonderful time, which i know that you will......
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Kidcot fun Stops, the Passport that they have in Epcot

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I have used MAgicalExpress, if that is what you are talking about. I thought it worked pretty well.
    I have never stayed at French Quarter - so I can't tell you anything about that.
    As for the 9 year old - is he a roller coaster fan?
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    He loves Roller Coasters,But i heard that the rock n roller coaster is going down for rehab in Jan. We're going from Jan 14-20.

Can anyone also tell me how the weather and crowds are at that time of year??

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Most 9 year olds will love everything in the MK. As far as R&RC going down for rehab in January I have not seen anything official yet.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I would really recommend getting Birnbaum's Walt Disney World 2006 or 2007 (don't know if 2007 is out yet.) It's great for first timers! I get them every year! They tell you anything you could possibly want to know. It gives you a discription of all rides, attractions, stores, restaurants and a lot of planning tips! For example: January averages 2.3 inches of rainfall, has an average high temperature of 71 and a low of 49. The first week of January has average attendance, but the 2nd week of January-the 1st week of February has low attendance and you can expect shorter lines and lower wait times for restaurants!

At Magic Kingdom, I suggest: Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, & Splash Mountain. I would stay away from It's a Small World, The Hall of Presidents, and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

The first time I went to WDW, I was about 13 and Epcot was my least favorite part. I would try to schedule a break for him or maybe less time at Epcot. Also, the first few times we went, we just breezed through World Showcase without stopping in each country to see the live entertainment, rides, or cool stores! That may help, too. I would recommend Test Track, The Living Seas, and you can decide whether he is old enough for Mission Space(you are the only one who can judge that! There is now a less intense version.) Most 9 year olds are video game freaks, so spend some time at Innoventions; they have brand new video games for him to play!

At Disney Studios: Rock 'n' Rollercoaster(if it's open), Tower of Terror, Fantasmic!, Star Tours, "Lights, Moters, Action! Extreme Stunt Show." He may or may not like the Muppet-Vision 3D.

At Animal Kingdom: Kilimanjaro Safaris is a must for every age! If he's an animal lover, Rafiki's Planet watch is a place to get up close to animals. It's Tough to be a Bug! is good for a 9 year old. Dinosaur is pretty intense, so you may have to judge that for yourself, too. Almost forgot Expedition Everest! Primeval Whirl is fun, but I must point out that for the average height woman (I'm 5'6") it can be painful as it bangs you into the bar in front of your chest (Ouch!) so you may want to let him ride with your husband.

If you have the time (usually if you're staying for 7 days) or if it rains one day, take some time to go to Disney Quest. He will LOVE it! Also, if you're willing to spend some money on it, I would really recommend Cirque Du Soleil! It's amazing! Adults and kids alike will be entertained!

If you have anymore questions, let me know! I hope you have a great time! Oh, and don't forget to pick up that book! It's about $17 at any bookstore! I've also used the Passporter Walt Disney World.
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.