Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss The ULTIMATE CHRISTMAS / HOLIDAY THREAD....... in the Community Center forums; This may or may not work - but here it goes: I thought it would be fun to start a thread where we could all collectively post about the Holiday ...
    trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Arrow The ULTIMATE CHRISTMAS / HOLIDAY THREAD.......

This may or may not work - but here it goes:

I thought it would be fun to start a thread where we could all collectively post about the Holiday Season!!

This can be a place to:

Discuss your Christmas Plans, Shopping, Decorations, Carols, Songs & Food etc...

Also a place to post your Festive photos of places you've been or of your own decorations etc...

Also, let's hear your favourite Christmas Jokes - always remembering this is a PG Site!!

Let's see how it goes.....
    Last edited by trickster; 12-04-2006 at 05:35 AM. Reason: spelling!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

We have nearly got all our decorations up:

A 6ft tree in the lounge and one in the dining room. Ceiling decorations throughout the downstairs rooms too.

The garden is also fully adorned with lights as are the windows at the front of the house!!

All I want to do next is put some more lights up in the hallway - A job for tomorrow before work.
    Rich

Walts_Girl is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I have not put my tree up yet, i may not put it up at all. I only have a few little things around the house but that is it.
    And my favorite time of the year is Christmas. I love driving to look at the lights everyone has put up, I love listening to Christmas music, and most of all I love the fact that Christmas is the time when most of my family gets together.
    "We Have Created Characters And Animated Them In The Dimension Of Depth, Revealing Through Them To Our Perturbed World That The Things We Have In Common Far Outnumber And Outweigh Those That Divide Us."

-Walt Disney

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I decorated the Celebration house with the bare minimums because I'll end up taking it all down this year myself. So it's there... it's pretty... stop on by and tell me what you think when your in DW. The house down the street from us is INSANE. Highly creepy.

Also I started my shopping on Friday night. Hit up Downtown Disney Marketplace and got my Mom almost done at Basin and I got something for my dogs at Pet Tails. I'll do some more this weekend around mousefest and studying hopefully!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

I'm gonna start my shopping next Monday when I meet up with my sister and her husband.
    Rich

We put our tree up yesterday and got most of the other dec's out as well. We still need to finish putting the rest of the ornaments up and Jim needs to finish off the lights outside, but............

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!!!!!!!!

I need to go make the purchases for our Secret Santa family at Parker's school today so I'll probably make a trip down a toy aisle or two as well for the boys.

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    We put our tree up yesterday and got most of the other dec's out as well. We still need to finish putting the rest of the ornaments up and Jim needs to finish off the lights outside, but............

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!!!!!!!!
    YAY!!!!
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    The house is decorated, but I only have a couple of presents ordered. We are spending a lot of money to bring our daughter to London for Christmas, so I don't think I can rationalize spending much beyond that. After being apart last year for the first time in 33 years, we consider the money well spent.

The party season has truely begun. Tonight we're attending our third holiday party, and next week we have two more. Never let it be said that Londoners don't know how to celebrate in December.

We will spend a quiet Christmas at home, but we're gonna "rock" the night away in Scotland for New Years.
    Last edited by mini-V; 12-04-2006 at 09:23 AM. Reason: sentence structure
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...

Talking It's the MOST wonderful time of the year!

Let's see, I got most of the inside of the house decorated on Thanksgiving Day and a little more that weekend.
    Jen and I decorated the live tree in our living room this weekend, which we bought the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I also got my parents' artificial tree put up in our front window (dining room) last night, but still need to decorate it.
    I put a few more touches outside this weekend and have the first level of our house looking pretty good.
    I just bought a few more lights this morning and will hopefully get them put up little by little this week when I get home.
    Last night Jen and I went with my parents and my sister to look at some Christmas lights around town. We got hot chocolate and drove around a couple neighborhoods near my parents. It was a lot of fun!
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    Okay, here goes.

I have no lights up, no tree up, no presents bought.

DH was out of town for 2 weeks right before Thanksgiving, and his grandmother was put in the hospital right before that, and she just came home, soooooooo
    we probably won't have too much of that put up until after the trip.

We have been listening to Christmas music and looking at other people's lights.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I put up the tree yesterday. I have a lot of the shopping done. I need to go buy another spoon rest or two. Lots of wrapping yet to do. I was going to make Christmas Cards this year, but WHQ put a schreeching halt to that idea.
    They call me "Nana"

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    had the residence life holiday party yesterday... got a new residence life sweatshirt... yay!

other than that, i gave christmas cards and holiday door decs to all my girls, so I'm set school-wise for christmas!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    My son was walking around the house yesterday singing "Tinker Bell, Tinker Bell, Tinker Bell rock."
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    My son was walking around the house yesterday singing "Tinker Bell, Tinker Bell, Tinker Bell rock."
    He knows what's what!
    They call me "Nana"

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast