Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
General Disney Trivia and Games Discuss Murder at the Magic Kingdom! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Welcome to Murder at the Magic Kingdom. Here are the rules. Please read carefully and let me know if there are any questions. I know there is alot but you ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

Murder at the Magic Kingdom!

Welcome to Murder at the Magic Kingdom.
    Here are the rules. Please read carefully and let me know if there are any questions. I know there is alot but you can ask as many questions along the way. Sign up is closed so I'm sorry if you missed it. There can be another game if this one goes well so keep checking back.

1. This game has a lot of role playing in it. In other words, you will be speaking as if you are the character you chose to play the game as. Formats do not have to be exact but I would like it to be similar to this.
    Characters name: "What you are saying" *what you are doing*
    So this is what it would look like if I was Mickey Mouse.
    Mickey: "Golly, I'm really scared!!" *runs to the corner and hides*
    If you have a question or comment that does not relate to your character but relates to yourself, please use OOC: before your text. OOC stands for out of character. So if I wanted to comment on something another person said because I liked it, I could say:
    OOC: That's funny! Good one!
    You can also ask questions that way. I find this makes it easier to know when a character is speaking and when you yourself is speaking.

2. There are three different assignments you can have. Detective, Murderer, or Park Guest.

Murderer: We have enough for two murderers, but in the interest of time, and to avoid confusion (at least for the first game) we will stick with one murderer. This person will decide who to get rid of every 3 days. However, the murderer must wait for the go ahead from me to murder a character. Once they have decided who it is, they will PM that person and tell them they have been murdered, that person is NOT allowed to tell anyone who the murderer is. Please don't do it, it takes all the fun out of the game. The murderer can decide how they would have killed this character. Since we are in the Magic Kingdom they might use certain rides or attractions from that park. If a detective PM's you and makes an arrest, you must confess that you are the character and the game will be over.

Detectives: Since there are about 20 people playing this game, I have decided to have 4 detectives. There will be 2 pairs of detectives, meaning that two of the detectives will be working together, they will know who each other are, and can consult with each other about clues before making an arrest. The same goes for the other pair of detectives. The pairs will not know who the other pairs are. So in their mind they are still fair game to be the murderer. I would like the pairs to be in agreement on arrests before making them. Detectives may only make one arrest per time period between murders, but be careful! If you make too many false arrests the guests of the Magic Kingdom can vote for a replacement and in that case they may vote the murderer into power. If this happens the game will be over because the murderer has won. Detectives must also PM me first before making an arrest and wait for the go ahead from me to PM that person. This is strictly to avoid confusion and to avoid too many arrests in too short a time period. If you are falsely accused you simply must PM the detective back and tell them they were wrong. Then the park guests may decide if a new detective should be placed in power. If the murderer successfully kills all the detectives and gets away with it, the murderer has won and the game is over.

Park Guests: You keep the game rolling and the fun. Part of the fun of this game is acting like the characters. Going to different places around the park and doing what you want to do. You have the power to get rid of detectives who are not doing their job. If the time comes we will have a vote to see if the park guests want someone new or want to keep it the same. Since you will not know who the detectives are it will be hard for you to give suggestions. But you are definately allowed to post in the thread if you have thoughts on who it might be given the clues. Also be careful because if you are right you might anger the murderer and you might be next.

If you are murdered.....I'm sorry but you may not post as your character anymore. You can however post out of character as much as you want as long as you are not helping the detectives or giving clues. Don't completely rule out the game though, cause I have been known to have ghosts come back to give clues.
    If you are falsely arrested.....You will simply PM the detective back and tell them you are not the killer. But you may not tell anyone else you have been falsely arrested until the game is over. The guests will find out that a false arrest was made. But they will not find out who it was.

4. CLUES!
    Clues will be vague at first and really start to narrow down once there are a few out there. This is done so that the game lasts a while and that we have fun. Clues range from a number of things. They are most likely about the character themselves, but don't count out things that have to do with other characters your character might interact with in the movies.
    For example - Let's say clue 1 is a piece of green cloth, so maybe Mushu doesn't wear green but I'm pretty sure that friend of his Mulan certainly does.
    That is a vague clue, which will happen towards the beginning. Mostly so you don't rule someone out too quickly.

5. Management:
    I will be known as Managment. My job is update you to all the things that happen during the game. I will let you know who has been killed and I will let you know when false arrests happen. I will also give you any and all clues.

6. Please have room in your PM box so you will know if you are chosen for an assignment or if you are getting arrested or murdered.

Here is the list of players. If someone has been killed I will edit this post and show that on the list:

crashbunny - Marie
    The_Heat - Robin Hood
    devkxl - Dopey
    dznynut - Baloo
    Stitch - Stitch
    AKQJ10 - Peter Pan
    GaRain - Goofy
    dzney4lyf - Scar
    hillo - Captain Jack Sparrow
    SnwhtNdwrfs - Snow White
    SecondStar - Jessica Rabbit - Murdered!
    Disneybratt - Ariel
    JEDIPRINCESS - Kim Possible - Murdered!
    DissyLove - Wendy
    Passarino6 - Jafar - Murdered!
    PumpkinJack81 - Jack Skellington
    iwannabeminnie - Minnie Mouse
    disneydreamer98 - Mrs. Potts

Clues so far:
    -several black hairs were found on Jafar's body
    -a rare flower found only near water
    -a piece of red cloth was found near the Magic Carpets of Aladdin

Now without further ado, we begin.

***************MANAGEMENT********************

Welcome guests to the Magic Kingdom! Our tour of the Magic Kingdom will be starting soon. We hope you enjoy your stay here and please ask you to contact us with any questions or concerns you might have about the parks. We now ask you would get to know each other and your surroundings for you will be spending a lot of time with this tour group. We want you all to get along!
    Thanks and have a magical day!

(If you feel there are questions I need to address and have left out please post OOC and ask so everyone is clear.)
    Last edited by Shere_Khan; 09-25-2005 at 10:44 PM.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Oh my, this is so exciting! I wish Mickey were here to see this! I know we are all going to be great friends!
    They call me "Nana"

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    "Gawsh Minnie, I can't believe Mickey isn't here. This is his favorite place after all." *trips over own feet*

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Oh, this will be so nice.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Goodness Snow White, your cheeks are as rosy as apples today! Oh Goofy, you are so silly.
    They call me "Nana"

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    "Snow White sure is purty today" *blushes*

SecondStar is offline Why is the rum gone?!?!
    OOC: well, shoot. I'm gonna hafta watch WFRR again to be able to do this right... gimme time.. gimme time
    : Stephanie:

this is what dreams are made of

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    "Who shot JR?" *laughs at self for 80's reference*
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    *Robin spots the gang from farther back and grabs a bucket of corn from his pals at the popcorn wagons, he throws one high in the air and catches it in his mouth*
    Much betta than Little John's stew, how's it going chaps?
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Does anything need to be scrubbed in here? I have my bucket unless Dopey just took it.

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    : "What's this? What's this? There's characters everywhere!" *deep Pumpkin King laugh* "How is everyone? Who's up for a spin in the Teacups?"
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    OOC: SecondStar it doesn't have to perfect, just say what you think they might say.
    Also its not a huge deal but it might be helpful to write your character before you talk until everyone gets to know who people are. That way you don't have to look at the first thread each time.
    You guys are doing great! I love it!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan
    1. This game has a lot of role playing in it. In other words, you will be speaking as if you are the character you chose to play the game as. Formats do not have to be exact but I would like it to be similar to this.
    Characters name: "What you are saying" *what you are doing*
    So this is what it would look like if I was Mickey Mouse.
    Mickey: "Golly, I'm really scared!!" *runs to the corner and hides*
    If you have a question or comment that does not relate to your character but relates to yourself, please use OOC: before your text. OOC stands for out of character. So if I wanted to comment on something another person said because I liked it, I could say:
    OOC: That's funny! Good one!
    You can also ask questions that way. I find this makes it easier to know when a character is speaking and when you yourself is speaking.
    Maybe I should choose somebody other than Tinkerbell since all she talks is pixie dust!!!

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    Capt. Jack Sparrow: *hiccup* "I'm all out of rum. Why doesn't the Magic Kingdom sell rum?!?!"
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Disneybratt is offline Fastpass Holder
    Ariel: Where has my lagoon gone? Pooh Bear took it! *Goes looking the nearest water ride.*
    *~*Stephanie*~*

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast