Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
General Disney Trivia and Games Discuss MURDER at MGM Studios!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Welcome everyone to our third murder game. Some of you are new to the game and some of you have played before. I am posting the same rules as before ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

MURDER at MGM Studios!!

Welcome everyone to our third murder game. Some of you are new to the game and some of you have played before. I am posting the same rules as before but with a few minor changes. If you have not played before please read these rules carefully, especially for the role you will be playing. I have put especially important things in red.
    Rule number one is especially important and I would like everyone to try and stick to the format to avoid confusion!

1. This game has a lot of role playing in it. In other words, you will be speaking as if you are the character you chose to play the game as. Formats do not have to be exact but I would like it to be similar to this.
    Characters name: "What you are saying" *what you are doing*
    So this is what it would look like if I was Mickey Mouse.
    Mickey: "Golly, I'm really scared!!" *runs to the corner and hides*
    If you have a question or comment that does not relate to your character but relates to yourself, please use OOC: before your text. OOC stands for out of character. So if I wanted to comment on something another person said because I liked it, I could say:
    OOC: That's funny! Good one!
    You can also ask questions that way. I find this makes it easier to know when a character is speaking and when you yourself is speaking.

2. There are three different assignments you can have. Detective, Murderer, or Park Guest.

Murderer: We are only going to use one murderer for this game! This person will decide who to get rid of every few days. However, the murderer must wait for the go ahead from me to murder a character. Once they have decided who it is, they will PM that person and tell them they have been murdered, that person is NOT allowed to tell anyone who the murderer is. Please don't do it, it takes all the fun out of the game. The murderer can decide how they would have killed this character. Since we are in MGM Studios they might use certain rides or attractions from that park. If a detective PM's you and makes an arrest, you must confess that you are the character and the game will be over.

Detectives: Since there are about 20 people playing this game, I have decided to have 4 detectives. There will be 2 pairs of detectives, meaning that two of the detectives will be working together, they will know who each other are, and can consult with each other about clues before making an arrest. The same goes for the other pair of detectives. The pairs will not know who the other pairs are. So in their mind they are still fair game to be the murderer. I would like the pairs to be in agreement on arrests before making them. Detectives may only make one arrest per time period between murders, but be careful! If you make too many false arrests the guests of the Magic Kingdom can vote for a replacement and in that case they may vote the murderer into power. If this happens the game will be over because the murderer has won. Detectives must also PM me first before making an arrest and wait for the go ahead from me to PM that person. This is strictly to avoid confusion and to avoid too many arrests in too short a time period. If you are falsely accused you simply must PM the detective back and tell them they were wrong. Then the park guests may decide if a new detective should be placed in power. If the murderer successfully kills all the detectives and gets away with it, the murderer has won and the game is over.

Park Guests: You keep the game rolling and the fun. Part of the fun of this game is acting like the characters. Going to different places around the park and doing what you want to do. You have the power to get rid of detectives who are not doing their job. If the time comes we will have a vote to see if the park guests want someone new or want to keep it the same. Since you will not know who the detectives are it will be hard for you to give suggestions. But you are definately allowed to post in the thread if you have thoughts on who it might be given the clues. Also be careful because if you are right you might anger the murderer and you might be next.

If you are murdered.....I'm sorry but you may not post as your character anymore. You can however post out of character as much as you want as long as you are not helping the detectives or giving clues. Don't completely rule out the game though, cause I have been known to have ghosts come back to give clues.
    If you are falsely arrested.....You will simply PM the detective back and tell them you are not the killer. But you may not tell anyone else you have been falsely arrested until the game is over. The guests will find out that a false arrest was made. But they will not find out who it was.

4. CLUES!
    Clues will be vague at first and really start to narrow down once there are a few out there. This is done so that the game lasts a while and that we have fun. Clues range from a number of things. They are most likely about the character themselves, but don't count out things that have to do with other characters your character might interact with in the movies.
    For example - Let's say clue 1 is a piece of green cloth, so maybe Mushu doesn't wear green but I'm pretty sure that friend of his Mulan certainly does.
    That is an example of a vague clue, which will happen towards the beginning. Mostly so you don't rule someone out too quickly.

5. Management:
    I will be known as Management. My job is update you to all the things that happen during the game. I will let you know who has been killed and I will let you know when false arrests happen. I will also give you any and all clues.

6. Please have room in your PM box so you will know if you are chosen for an assignment or if you are getting arrested or murdered.

Here is the list of players. If someone has been killed I will edit this post and show that on the list:

4Mickey - Captain Hook
    disneydreamer98 - Mary Poppins - Murdered
    trickster - Bert
    MayBWeRMnt2B - Megara
    buccool - Mr. Toad - Murdered
    JediPrincess - Aladdin
    SnwhtNdwrfs - Koda
    PumpkinJack81 - Maleficent
    GaRain - Mr. Smee
    Dissylove - Tiger Lily
    butlers - Esmeralda
    Ellura - Si
    Stitch - The Queen of Hearts
    iwannabeminnie - Merryweather
    hafrase - Chesire Cat - Murdered
    GrmGrnningGhost - Donald Duck
    Trygar - Am - Murdered
    DisneyFreak - Hades
    Slade - Ed
    MickeyBabe - Tinker Bell - Murdered

Clues:
    -a few black hairs found at the murder scene of the Chesire Cat
    -some twigs and leaves were found at the scene of Mr. Toad's death
    -Am's murder confirmed that the murderer is human or in human form
    -fingerprints on the case at Tinker Bell's death confirms the killer is a man
    -wet footprints were found leading up to the scene at Mary Poppins death, the murderer must have been near water
    Last edited by Shere_Khan; 04-22-2006 at 02:19 PM.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

May I again ask someone to sticky this thread? Thanks!

*************MANAGEMENT***************

Welcome guests!

We are so glad that you decided to join us at Disney-MGM Studios for our annual VIP tour. The tour will begin as soon as all the guests arrive. We ask that you meet up in the theater of Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. Your tour guide will meet you there. This year we have a special surprise for you. Someone very special will be leading the tour. It should be a vacation you will never forget!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Bert:
    "We're of on a Jolly Holiday!! I've never left the UK before, this is going to be so much fun!!"

"Now, where is Mary Poppins - she's never late?!!"

*Looks all around for Mary P*
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    OOC: Thread has been stuck.

OOC: Thank you Stitch!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    : "SMEE! What are we doing in this theater? Where is that blasted Pan? I don't even think he's at this park!"
    *starts looking around at the lot of folks making their way into the area*
    "Smee, I could use some of these guys on me ship! Start taking names!"
    *Realizes Smee isn't there yet *
    "SMEE!"
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Bert:
    *Talking to Captain Hook*

"Hello there!! Are you looking for someone too? Why do you need a pan - I don't think we are expected to do any cooking?"
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Koda: "I'm on my way..."

Ellura is offline Fastpass Holder
    Si: We are Siamese, if you please....
    Ellura

"You may not like my methods but you'll surely know my name!'"

Trygar is offline A-Ticket holder
    Am: We are Siamese if you don't please...

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    OOC:is it too late to join in on the fun?
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

OOC: I can't get my sig to work. Anyone got any ideas?
    Trygar

An Orc walks into a bar with a parrot on his shoulder. The bartender looks and says, "Hey, where did you get that?" The parrot says, "Durotar! They got em all over the place!"

OOC: Oops NVM! Ha Ha i see that it does work now.
    Trygar

An Orc walks into a bar with a parrot on his shoulder. The bartender looks and says, "Hey, where did you get that?" The parrot says, "Durotar! They got em all over the place!"

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Esmerelda "sorry i'm so late, Indiana Jones epic stunt spectacular, is this anything like the festival of fools!!"

**looks all around for her goat jolly**
    Last edited by butlers; 03-19-2006 at 06:15 PM.
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Esmerelda: " i wonder what those 2 cats or whatever they are, are up to!!"
    ** Excuse me sir, oh your name is Captain Hook, just wondering, have you seen a goat with a earring in his ear around ***

** wondering to herself what kind of getup this hook fella is in **
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast