Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast
General Disney Trivia and Games Discuss Murder at Animal Kingdom Starts NOW! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Welcome everyone to our fourth murder game. Some of you are new to the game and some of you have played before. I am posting the same rules as before ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

Murder at Animal Kingdom Starts NOW!

Welcome everyone to our fourth murder game. Some of you are new to the game and some of you have played before. I am posting the same rules as before but with a few minor changes. If you have not played before please read these rules carefully, especially for the role you will be playing. I have put especially important things in red.
    Rule number one is especially important and I would like everyone to try and stick to the format to avoid confusion!

1. This game has a lot of role playing in it. In other words, you will be speaking as if you are the character you chose to play the game as. Formats do not have to be exact but I would like it to be similar to this.
    Characters name: "What you are saying" *what you are doing*
    So this is what it would look like if I was Mickey Mouse.
    Mickey: "Golly, I'm really scared!!" *runs to the corner and hides*
    If you have a question or comment that does not relate to your character but relates to yourself, please use OOC: before your text. OOC stands for out of character. So if I wanted to comment on something another person said because I liked it, I could say:
    OOC: That's funny! Good one!
    You can also ask questions that way. I find this makes it easier to know when a character is speaking and when you yourself is speaking.

2. When you post please click the option that asks you to remove your signature. This makes it soooo much easier!

3. There are three different assignments you can have. Detective, Murderer, or Park Guest.

Murderer: If there are over 15 people in the game there will be two murderers. So for this game we will have two! These people will decide who to get rid of every few days. However, the murderer must wait for the go ahead from me to murder a character. Once they have decided who it is, they will PM that person and tell them they have been murdered, that person is NOT allowed to tell anyone who the murderer is. Please don't do it, it takes all the fun out of the game. The murderer can decide how they would have killed this character. Since we are in Animal Kingdom they might use certain rides or attractions from that park. If a detective PM's you and makes an arrest, you must confess that you are the killer and the game will be over.

Detectives: Since there are over 25 people playing this game, I have decided to have 4 detectives. Unlike the last game these people will not know who the others are. Detectives may only make one arrest per time period between murders, but be careful! If you make too many false arrests the guests of the Magic Kingdom can vote for a replacement and in that case they may vote the murderer into power. If this happens the game will be over because the murderer has won. In this game since there are so many detectives you will only be allowed 2 false arrests before you are fired by the park. Choose carefully. Detectives must also PM me first before making an arrest and wait for the go ahead from me to PM that person. This is strictly to avoid confusion and to avoid too many arrests in too short a time period. If you are falsely accused you simply must PM the detective back and tell them they were wrong. Then the park guests may decide if a new detective should be placed in power. If the murderer successfully kills all the detectives and gets away with it, the murderer has won and the game is over.
    Now that there are two murderers detectives must accuse the right person with the right murders. For example if you arrest Killer A for the murders that Killer B did then Killer A will walk until arrested for the correct murders.

Park Guests: You keep the game rolling and the fun. Part of the fun of this game is acting like the characters. Going to different places around the park and doing what you want to do. You have the power to get rid of detectives who are not doing their job. If the time comes we will have a vote to see if the park guests want someone new or want to keep it the same. Since you will not know who the detectives are it will be hard for you to give suggestions. But you are definately allowed to post in the thread if you have thoughts on who it might be given the clues. Also be careful because if you are right you might anger the murderer and you might be next.

If you are murdered.....I'm sorry but you may not post as your character anymore. You can however post out of character as much as you want as long as you are not helping the detectives or giving clues. Don't completely rule out the game though, cause I have been known to have ghosts come back to give clues.
    If you are falsely arrested.....You will simply PM the detective back and tell them you are not the killer. But you may not tell anyone else you have been falsely arrested until the game is over. The guests will find out that a false arrest was made. But they will not find out who it was.

5. CLUES!
    Clues will be vague at first and really start to narrow down once there are a few out there. This is done so that the game lasts a while and that we have fun. Clues range from a number of things. They are most likely about the character themselves, but don't count out things that have to do with other characters your character might interact with in the movies.
    For example - Let's say clue 1 is a piece of green cloth, so maybe Mushu doesn't wear green but I'm pretty sure that friend of his Mulan certainly does.
    That is an example of a vague clue, which will happen towards the beginning. Mostly so you don't rule someone out too quickly.

6. Management:
    I will be known as Management. My job is to update you to all the things that happen during the game. I will let you know who has been killed and I will let you know when false arrests happen. I will also give you any and all clues.

7. Please have room in your PM box so you will know if you are chosen for an assignment or if you are getting arrested or murdered.

8. If you have not posted by the time the first murder takes place then you are out of the game!! This rule I will stick to! I hate to do it but if you have not posted then the other players will obviously know that you are not the murderer. If you have to be out of town or cannot post for any reason please let me know so I can delay the game or make different arrangements for you.

9. At the end of the game I will post a poll to choose the next game's location. If you have any suggestions please post them in the general murder game rules thread.

Here is the list of players. If someone has been killed I will edit this post and show that on the list:

iwannabeminnie - Anita - Murdered
    Stitch - Stitch

kngdmhrts3 - Genie
    JMSuperHeroTeam - Belle
    SnwhtNdwrfs - Dory
    GaRain - Ariel - Murdered
    Tinker_Bell - Elizabeth Swann
    seriouslydw - Maleficent
    butlers - Jasmine
    C#ern@b0g - Chernabog - Murdered
    PinkTink918 - Wendy - Murdered
    OneLittleSpark - Figment - Murdered
    Minnie_Mouse007 - Buzz Lightyear
    backdrop - Hercules
    disneydreamer98 - Jiminy Cricket
    hikaru-chan - Ursula
    ChipNDale - Guido - Murdered
    DisneyFreak91 - Yzma
    4Mickey - Baloo
    jetjaguar - Thomas O' Malley
    Trickster - Timon
    DissyLove- Snow White
    Soccergirl426 - Mater - Murdered
    Stitch625 - Jessie
    PrincePhillip97 - Prince Phillip
    FutureImagineer - Mr. Incredible

Clues:
    -traces of a blue cloth were found on Guido's remains
    -a ripped up piece of sheet music was found on Chernabog's body
    -black hair found on Figment's remains
    -traces of skin were found underneath Anita's fingernails
    -a page of a book was found on Wendy's remains
    -a black cloth was found near Ariel's body
    -DNA from Mater's death shows the killer is female
    Last edited by Shere_Khan; 08-27-2006 at 01:24 PM.

King Louie: "Welcome all to the fourth annual Disney character meet. This time we have chosen the Animal Kingdom as our destination. Because of the "Jungle Theme" they have asked me and Baggy here to host the party."

Bagheera: "That's Bagheera to you, you jungle scum."

King Louie: "Now come on Baggy, you're not still sore at me for trying to capture that man cub are you?'

Bagheera: "I'm just sorry I agreed to this hosting thing."

King Louie: "Well you jungle cats, just ignore ole Baggy there and get to know each other for the time being. The fun will start in a just a while."
    Last edited by Shere_Khan; 07-24-2006 at 07:07 PM.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Yzma - Oh....*looks around.* Am I early? Well ahem....
    *Yzma attempts at hiding her multiple, pink colored, vials in her coat* Sooooooo, how is everyone doing? *clears throat*
    Last edited by DisneyFREAK91; 07-24-2006 at 07:23 PM.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    OOC: Allowances with characters? I am going to talk while on land.

"Oh my goodness, look at all the green trees here and all the animals. I bet flounder would love this place. Everything is so shiny!"

*Wanders aroundin circles, nearly making herself dizzy with it all*

OOC: That is completely fine GaRain

Remember, please uncheck the box that says show your signature when posting!

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    OOC: This game looks like so much fun!!! I can't wait till it picks up!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    (Dory): Hi! I'm Dory. Or at least I think I am.

Hi! I'm Dory!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    OOC: Allowances with characters? I am going to talk while on land.

OOC: I sure hope so because Poor Dory will be dead in about a minute if we don't! lol
    Last edited by SnwhtNdwrfs; 07-24-2006 at 10:48 PM.

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    Maleficent: "everyone here looks so, cheerful."

*Maleficent looks around and wonders what kind of park she has stumbled into*

Yzma - What a big tree! I want my palace to be built into it!

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder

Wink Hi

OOC: I wish I was Jasmine! I envy you, Butlers...hehe
    Last edited by FutureImagineer; 07-24-2006 at 07:21 PM. Reason: I am no longer the character of Jasmine...

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    "Dory, aren't you cute?! I don't think I have seen you in my part of the ocean. I need to introduce you to Flounder."

OOC: Sorry future - but butlers is Jasmine and I did not realize, if you still want to play pick a different character.

Yzma - This is all truly fascinating. But I was expecting a large fanfare in honor of my arrival. And all I've got so far is a fish who can't remember her own name and this other fish-girl who looks like one of my failed experiments. We would have been better off holding this shindig at an aquarium!
    Last edited by DisneyFREAK91; 07-24-2006 at 07:22 PM.

OOC - Sorry double posted by accident

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast