Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Disney Trivia and Games Discuss Murder Game: General Rules and Guidelines in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; This is a post of the general rules and guidelines of our murder games here at DWT. If you have any questions, suggestions, etc feel free to ask them here. ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

Murder Game: General Rules and Guidelines

This is a post of the general rules and guidelines of our murder games here at DWT. If you have any questions, suggestions, etc feel free to ask them here. In this thread you will find our rules and the list of characters that are not playable at this time. Rules for the specific game that is going on at the present time can be found at the beginning of the thread. Each game's rules will differ slightly depending on how many players there are.

RULES:

1. This game has a lot of role playing in it. In other words, you will be speaking as if you are the character you chose to play the game as. Formats do not have to be exact but I would like it to be similar to this.
    Characters name: "What you are saying" *what you are doing*
    So this is what it would look like if I was Mickey Mouse.
    Mickey: "Golly, I'm really scared!!" *runs to the corner and hides*
    If you have a question or comment that does not relate to your character but relates to yourself, please use OOC: before your text. OOC stands for out of character. So if I wanted to comment on something another person said because I liked it, I could say:
    OOC: That's funny! Good one!
    You can also ask questions that way. I find this makes it easier to know when a character is speaking and when you yourself is speaking.

2. When you post please click the option that asks you to remove your signature. This makes it soooo much easier!

3. There are three different assignments you can have. Detective, Murderer, or Park Guest.

Murderer: If there are over 15 people in the game there will be two murderers. If there are less then 15 players there will only be one murder. These people will decide who to get rid of every few days. However, the murderer must wait for the go ahead from me to murder a character. Once they have decided who it is, they will PM that person and tell them they have been murdered, that person is NOT allowed to tell anyone who the murderer is. Please don't do it, it takes all the fun out of the game. The murderer can decide how they would have killed this character. Since we are in Animal Kingdom they might use certain rides or attractions from that park. If a detective PM's you and makes an arrest, you must confess that you are the killer and the game will be over.

Detectives: The number of detectives varies for different games. Check each game's individual rules for how many detectives will be played. Detectives may only make one arrest per time period between murders, but be careful! If you make too many false arrests the guests of the Magic Kingdom can vote for a replacement and in that case they may vote the murderer into power. If this happens the game will be over because the murderer has won. Detectives must also PM me first before making an arrest and wait for the go ahead from me to PM that person. This is strictly to avoid confusion and to avoid too many arrests in too short a time period. If you are falsely accused you simply must PM the detective back and tell them they were wrong. Then the park guests may decide if a new detective should be placed in power. If the murderer successfully kills all the detectives and gets away with it, the murderer has won and the game is over.
    In the event that there are two murderers, detectives must accuse the right person with the right murders. For example if you arrest Killer A for the murders that Killer B did then Killer A will walk until arrested for the correct murders.

Park Guests: You keep the game rolling and the fun. Part of the fun of this game is acting like the characters. Going to different places around the park and doing what you want to do. You have the power to get rid of detectives who are not doing their job. If the time comes we will have a vote to see if the park guests want someone new or want to keep it the same. Since you will not know who the detectives are it will be hard for you to give suggestions. But you are definately allowed to post in the thread if you have thoughts on who it might be given the clues. Also be careful because if you are right you might anger the murderer and you might be next!

If you are murdered.....I'm sorry but you may not post as your character anymore. You can however post out of character as much as you want as long as you are not helping the detectives or giving clues. Don't completely rule out the game though, cause I have been known to have ghosts come back to give clues.
    If you are falsely arrested.....You will simply PM the detective back and tell them you are not the killer. But you may not tell anyone else you have been falsely arrested until the game is over. The guests will find out that a false arrest was made. But they will not find out who it was.

5. CLUES!
    Clues will be vague at first and really start to narrow down once there are a few out there. This is done so that the game lasts a while and that we have fun. Clues range from a number of things. They are most likely about the character themselves, but don't count out things that have to do with other characters your character might interact with in the movies.
    For example - Let's say clue 1 is a piece of green cloth, so maybe Mushu doesn't wear green but I'm pretty sure that friend of his Mulan certainly does.
    That is an example of a vague clue, which will happen towards the beginning. Mostly so you don't rule someone out too quickly.
    There should be a murder every 2 to 4 days to try and keep the game going smoothly.

6. Management:
    I will be known as Management. My job is to update you to all the things that happen during the game. I will let you know who has been killed and I will let you know when false arrests happen. I will also give you any and all clues.

7. Please have room in your PM box so you will know if you are chosen for an assignment or if you are getting arrested or murdered.

8. If you have not posted by the time the first murder takes place then you are out of the game!! This rule I will stick to! I hate to do it but if you have not posted then the other players will obviously know that you are not the murderer. If you have to be out of town or cannot post for any reason please let me know so I can delay the game or make different arrangements for you.

9. At the end of the game I will post a poll to choose the next game's location. If you have any suggestions please post them in the general murder game rules thread.
    Last edited by Shere_Khan; 07-24-2006 at 07:59 PM.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Here you will find the list of characters that are not playable. After four games characters will be put back on the playable list. So for example: After our fourth game all the deceased characters from our first game (Murder at MK) will be back up for grabs.

Deceased Characters/Murderers:

Am - (MGM 3)
    Anita - (AK 4)
    Ariel - (AK 4)
    Captain Hook - (MGM 3)
    Chernabog - (AK 4)
    Chesire Cat - (MGM 3)
    Cinderella - (Epcot 2)
    Daisy Duck - (Epcot 2)
    Figment - (AK 4)
    Guido - (AK 4)
    Lilo - (Epcot 2)
    Mary Poppins - (MGM 3)
    Mater - (AK 4)
    Mike Wazowski - (Epcot 2)
    Mr. Toad - (MGM 3)
    Mulan - (Epcot 2)
    Pinocchio - (Epcot 2)
    Scrooge McDuck - (Epcot 2)
    Simba - (Epcot 2)
    Tinker Bell - (MGM 3)
    Wendy - (AK 4)

***Also all players from the game previous to the current game will not be allowed to be played for one game so that we do not have repeats back to back.
    Last edited by Shere_Khan; 08-08-2007 at 03:32 PM.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Hi, are we going to be allowed a little dramatic death scene if we are PM'd by a murderer like the last one? lol that was fun
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Yes I think that is a good idea. As long as you do not give anything away. I will asked all players who get chosen as victims if they want to write their own.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Ok thank you very much!
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

I will be needing some new ideas for locations for the next poll. PLease post them here if you think of any.

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan
    I will be needing some new ideas for locations for the next poll. PLease post them here if you think of any.
    Erm what do you mean by locations.....do you mean Parks or Resorts? I'm a little slow tonight, forgive me.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    Hey SK? Can I be in the next murder game? Hmmm.....I was thinking they maybe in the Contemporary....Ohhh! I know , how about in SoG? Lol.... Maybe the Polynesian.... We could go swimming in the waterfall - but SoG has one too.....
    Last edited by shadesofgreen96; 08-01-2006 at 09:57 PM.
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I say Downtown Disney should be our next location.
    Problem with specific resorts is that never having sayed at Shades of Green, I don't know anything about it and where to go....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Soccergirl426 is offline Annual Passholder
    DD...that would be fun...or Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon would be great too... maybe we can do Murder at Disneyland or California Adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie_Mouse007
    Erm what do you mean by locations.....do you mean Parks or Resorts? I'm a little slow tonight, forgive me.

Locations can be anywhere, not just resorts but fictional areas as well.

Murder in Neverland, Murder in Nottingham, Murder Aboard the Black Pearl, Murder at Disneyland.

Anything fun and Disney!!

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Gotcha! What to choose, what to choose....... Ooo!! How about Euro Disney? Or HK Disney?
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    What about a popular resort where everyone has been? Like one on the monorail route?

joplin4 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    TEXAS!!--The greatest state in the Union (IMO)
    Howdy. I'd like to say that we've found that to bring variety into the games, a character that survives should not be able to play for the next three games. I see y'all have the deceased gone for five. That's a good limit. And, so it doesn't begin to become a one film-dominated game, only three characters are allowed per film. It tends to get boring if a majority are from the same film. Just some helpful hints.
    Celebrating Walt Disney's birthday all month long with some of my favorite Walt Disney avatars. HAPPY BIRTHDAY WALT!!!!

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."--Walt Disney

Thanks joplin.
    We have only played four games so far and everyone seems to be good at not redoing characters as much. If it gets to be where the same players are played I will probably make a rule similar to that.
    I know that I will not let any characters from the game previous to be played over just to switch it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast