Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Disney Trivia and Games Discuss Electrical Parade in New York in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Here is real Disney trivia that most people don't know. The Disney Company, in conjunction with the opening of the film, "Hercules", staged the complete "Electrical Parade" up Fifth Avenue ...
    Myron is offline B-Ticket Holder

Smile Electrical Parade in New York

Here is real Disney trivia that most people don't know. The Disney Company, in conjunction with the opening of the film, "Hercules", staged the complete "Electrical Parade" up Fifth Avenue here in New York. I got goose bumps when I heard the tune "Baroque Hoedown" played on speakers along Fifth Avenue. All the floats were there but several lost their power and had to be taken out-of-service. The "American Eagle" at the finale had most lights off and the Snow White "Mine Train" was without power. It was a July night to remember. The Parade, I understand, was being shipped from Disneyland, CA to Disneyland Paris.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Myron said
    ...The Parade, I understand, was being shipped from Disneyland, CA to Disneyland Paris.
    This version of the MSEP was not going to DLP. The version that went to Paris was the WDW version.
    The parade that appeared in NYC was the relamped DL version. I say relamped because Eisner sold off all the bulbs from the floats saying that the parade was never again going to be shown. Many of the people who bought "a piece of history" were mighty angry when Eisner announced that the MSEP will again run down 5th Avenue as part of the Disneynification of the area.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Myron is offline B-Ticket Holder

Where Did New York's Parade Go ?

Thanks for keying me in about the MSEP. I'm unclear though. Where did the version appearing in New York for 1 night ultimately go to? After leaving New York, you say it didn't go to Paris. Was it just returned to California? I believe it originated from Anaheim, too.

ghost1000 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I don't know if this is where the parade went, but there is a Main Street Electrical Parade at Disney's California Adventure park (although I think they call it Disney's Electrical Parade, but it does use Baroque Hoedown for the music).
    ~*~*~*~*~*

--Rita