Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
General Disney Trivia and Games Discuss Walt Disney Quote of the Day in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; "Animation offers a medium of story telling and visual entertainment which can bring pleasure and information to people of all ages everywhere in the world."...
    tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    "Animation offers a medium of story telling and visual entertainment which can bring pleasure and information to people of all ages everywhere in the world."
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

"I started, actually, to make my first animated cartoon in 1920. Of course, they were very crude things then and I used sort of little puppet things."
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

"We have created characters and animated them in the dimension of depth, revealing through them to our perturbed world that the things we have in common far outnumber and outweigh those that divide us."
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

"Cartoon animation offers a medium of storytelling and visual entertainment which can bring pleasure and information to people of all ages everywhere in the world."
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

"In learning the art of storytelling by animation, I have discovered that language has an anatomy. Every spoken word, whether uttered by a living person or by a cartoon character, has its facial grimace, emphasizing the meaning."
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

"Animation can explain whatever the mind of man can conceive. This facility makes it the most versatile and explicit means of communication yet devised for quick mass appreciation."
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

"I take great pride in the artistic development of cartoons. Our characters are made to go through emotions which a few short years ago would have seemed impossible to secure with a cartoon character. Some of the action produced in the finished cartoon of today is more graceful than anything possible for a human to do."
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

"Animation is different from other parts. Its language is the language of caricature. Our most difficult job was to develop the cartoon's unnatural but seemingly natural anatomy for humans and animals."
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

"To think six years ahead - even two or three - in this business of making animated cartoon features, it takes calculated risk and much more than blind faith in the future of theatrical motion pictures. I see motion pictures as a family-founded institution closely related to the life and labor of millions of people. Entertainment such as our business provides has become a necessity, not a luxury. . . it is the part which offers us the greatest reassurance about the future in the animation field."
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

"I try to build a full personality for each of our cartoon characters - to make them personalities."
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

"We have created characters and animated them in the dimension of depth, revealing through them to our perturbed world that the things we have in common far outnumber and outweigh those that divide us."
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

on CALArts

"I want people to graduate from there really able to do things. I don't want a lot of theorists. I want to have a school that turns out people that know all the facts of filmaking, I want them to be capable of doing anything needed to make a film-photograph it, direct it, design it, animate it, record it, whatever. That's what I want. Heck, I've hired theorists, and they don't have any knowledge I can use. I want to have everyone in that school come out capable of going in and doing a job. These dilettantes who come out with pseudo-knowledge, they give me a pain. I want it so if an actor is needed, they can get an actor right out of school. If a musician is needed, they can go to the music department and find a musicians who can compose music."
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

On CALarts
    (California Institute of the Arts)

"This is the thing I'm going to be remembered for."
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

“We felt that the public, and especially the children, like animals that are cute and little. I think we are rather indebted to Charlie Chaplin for the idea. We wanted something appealing, and we thought of a tiny bit of a mouse that would have something of the wistfulness of Chaplin - a little fellow trying to do the best he could."
    - Walt Disney on the inspiration for Mickey Mouse
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

"I first saw the site for Disneyland back in 1953, In those days it was all flat land - no rivers, no mountains, no castles or rocket ships - just orange groves, and a few acres of walnut trees."
    - Walt Disney
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast