General Guidelines and FAQs Discuss DWT Photo Posting Guidelines in the WDWRadio.com forums; DisneyWorldTrivia.com Photo Posting Guidelines:
1) Photos posted by members here at DWT, either in the forums or in the galleries, must be the property of the posting member. To avoid ...
DWT Photo Posting Guidelines
DisneyWorldTrivia.com Photo Posting Guidelines:
1) Photos posted by members here at DWT, either in the forums or in the galleries, must be the property of the posting member. To avoid any potential incidents of copyright infringement, we ask that you either do not use any images that are the property of another person or entity, or obtain the original owner's express permission for their use.
2) Photos uploaded into the DWT Photo Albums are the property of the member who uploaded them. If another member wishes to use any of these photos in any capacity or media, on another site, or for any other reason, they must first gain the permission of with that member.
3) "Hot Linking" (inline linking) or linking photographs to posts by linking to other website's URL addresses is strongly discouraged. The reason for this is that by linking directly to the image (as opposed to just a link to it such as http:/www.website.com/photo.jpg), is that every time the photo is shown on this site, it uses the bandwidth of the site on which it is hosted. We have received a number of requests from other webmasters that we discontinue this practice. Again, though, you can feel free to link to any photo just by using its URL.
4) In keeping with the above, we ask that you refrain from "Hot Linking" (inline linking) or directly linking to photographs stored on DisneyWorldTrivia.com to posts at other websites, as it uses up bandwidth, which in turn causes a financial burden on the site. Again, posting an image by putting it's URL (http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/images/hp_book.gif) is fine (end encouraged!)
We hope that you understand the reasoning behind these guidelines, as well as why they are important. Please adhere to them, as doing so will benefit the site and its members. Feel free to contact Lou (AKQJ10) or a Moderator if you have any questions.
Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy DisneyWorldTrivia.com!
Last edited by MickeyBabe; 06-23-2005 at 11:17 AM.
WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*
I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!
One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom
Hope you're all enjoying the recent upgrades to the site!
Just a reminder: please refrain from hotlinking photos to DWT, or from the DWT photo galleries to any other sites.
Hotlinking is the direct in-line linking of a photo, sound file, movie, or other file from one site to another. Most commonly, a hotlink uses the <img> tags around a URL to display on a page an image or photo that is actually stored on another website. A good description of the process and how to tell if you are doing it can be found here: http://altlab.com/hotlinking.html.
Hotlinking uses bandwidth, which will cause pages to load slower and cost the site owners more money to run their sites. It can also lead to unexpected results if the hosting site changes the image that you linked to.
Using sites like photobucket to host your own photos is permitted, as those sites are designed for that purpose. Here on DWT, you can also use our photo galleries for photos you want to share here in DWT's forums. However, linking to a photo in the DWT galleries from another website using <img> tags is discouraged, as this uses DWT's bandwidth every time that other website's page loads and Lou might want to send his kids to college someday.
If you have any questions, please feel free to PM myself or MickeyBabe. Thank you for your cooperation!
Dream Team Auction Coordinator
Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page
thanks for mentioning photobucket.. that lets me know i'm cool!...LOL
All Star Sports July 2006 All Star Movies October 2007 Coronado Spring February 2010 Pop Century October 2010 All Star Movies September 2011 Pop Century September 2012 Chrissy
Ah, so THAT's what hotlinking is! Then I guess I'm guilty of it. Fortunately, the only site I hotlink to is Imageshack, which is another one of those sites "designed for that purpose", as Pat put it, so I think I'm in the clear. But someone please correct me if I'm wrong so I don't do it again.
Your heart can just take wing,
You can live out all your dreams...
...it's time to Remember the Magic!
Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's
Life for Me...
You are totally fine.
Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
It becomes an issues when people upload a photo onto DWT and them link to another message board or website. Linking from a photo hosting site to DWT is perfectly fine.