Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
General Guidelines and FAQs Discuss Signature Size and Guidelines in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hi everybody! There has been a slight change to the requested size and length of your signatures in the forums. While many of the sigs are great, with wonderful pictures, ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Signature Size and Guidelines

Hi everybody!

There has been a slight change to the requested size and length of your signatures in the forums. While many of the sigs are great, with wonderful pictures, etc., they sometimes get a little long, both horizontally and vertically. Plus, with so many long signatures, some pages take a long time to load, especially for people who are on dial-up connections, and can make the threads difficult to read..

So, here are the modifications to our Signature Guidelines:

1) Two pics per sig - thumbnail size (100x100) or actual thumbnail OK

100 x 100 Photo Example

2) Smilies are OK - no limit (within reason)
    3) 1 countdown max
    4) Signature should be no more than 7 lines of standard size text or equivalent.
    5) No more than 2 UserBars per signature
    6) NEW - Due to varied age ranges and content, please do not link to My Space or YouTube in your signature.
    7)
    NEW - While we do not prohibit linking to third party web sites, please contact Lou (Lou Mongello) via email or PM with the proposed link before placing it in your sig.

While we're not going to go member-by-member and police these guidelines, we ask that you self-moderate if you can. If I or a Moderator sees a signature that is exceptionally large, etc., he/she/I may give you a gentle reminder to take a look at your signature and make some modifications.

Thanks you for your understanding and continued support of WDWRadio.com

Last edited by tiggerguy; 12-30-2009 at 07:39 AM. Reason: updated with current info
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Good idea, Lou. While I have DSL now, (you can get SBC Yahoo! DSL Express for $14.95/month in Indiana and other states now with one-year committment) I still remember the old days of dial-up and the long upload/download times--hated it!!!
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 10-18-2005 at 08:00 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Okay, I get the hint. Since my countdown timer has long reached zero I will delete it tonight.
    They call me "Nana"

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    No Minnie... that wasn't directed at you indivdually - your timer is fine

Just trying to avoid some sigs that get to be half the length of the page
    Lou Mongello

Perhaps I took my "Signature" a little too literally? Luckily it's a tiny B/W .gif file, and yes I still use dial-up ...zzz..., but am not too bothered by large page loads. (Though someday I hope to be able to download all the large audios and videos...)

Signed -

BTW, Craig, I think your "sig" (literally) is quite cool!
    Lou Mongello

Just saw this and I will go take care of mine right now!

There....is that better? Sorry, my friendly fued with Jedi may have gotten a little out of hand! She was just going out and recruiting people to destroy my beloved CoP and I had to do anything I could to defend myself against her!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    There....is that better? Sorry, my friendly fued with Jedi may have gotten a little out of hand! She was just going out and recruiting people to destroy my beloved CoP and I had to do anything I could to defend myself against her!

Hey don't blame me for the massive signature. I agree with Lou it was a little big

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    I agree with Lou it was a little big
    I didn't see Lou single me out? I was just following his updated guidelines. I'm a by the book type of person...always following the rules!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Oops!

Mine's probably a little on the big side right now... I was just playing around with the photo editing again. My sig is a work in progress at the moment. I'm trying to tie in the Main Street, USA and "Remember the Magic" themes. I thought a picture would work, but it's too much methinks. I'm looking for a suitable replacement as we speak.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    All better. Don fix. I'm not one to be an intentional rulebreaker either.

Now if only I could think of a neat way to fit Main Street, USA into 100x100 pixels...

...hmm, pondering my evil plan...
    Last edited by MainStreet, USA; 10-19-2005 at 10:59 PM.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I've been trying to fix mine, but it won't let me update it! I can type in what I want it to say, and then click the "UPDATE" button, but it won't do anything. I've tried previewing it, but that doesn't work either...any suggestions?
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Olmec, IM me and i can help you take care of that... or just email me what you want the sig to read
    Lou Mongello

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I'm working on my new sig now...thanks!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast