Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Guidelines and FAQs Discuss HM smiley in the WDWRadio.com forums; Also, the HM thing that was talked about had to have been used with the image tags with a url inside. Which is how I have been posting my images ...
    nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    Also, the HM thing that was talked about had to have been used with the image tags with a url inside. Which is how I have been posting my images in the past. Just the image, clicking on it takes you nowhere. If it did, that would be hotlinking, correct?

I am not trying to be a bother, I am just trying to understand this...sorry.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    By putting a URL between img tags, everytime the page with the images is loaded it has to connect to the other website to pull the image for display. So the two sites are connected because of the image and that eats into bandwidth. Photobucket is a site that expects you to link to it, so it's not as bad as if it was to another forums gallery or etc.

Does that make sense?

Aaa...ok. So if I post an image on the gallery here and put its url in the image tags it ok then? Thanks for clearing that up for me. And sorry about being annoying on the subject. I am just trying to stay out of trouble. Thanks for clearing it up for me...and I hated being annoying...well...guess its time to cancel the photobucket...

I am kinda wondering though...where did the image tag button go that was here when you went to the "advanced reply"...I don't see it...I only saw it in where I changed my sig...

ok...nevermind...i am an idiot... ...images cannot be posted in here...at all...dang it...why must i be so slow?

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by nick.jeschke
    Aaa...ok. So if I post an image on the gallery here and put its url in the image tags it ok then? Thanks for clearing that up for me. And sorry about being annoying on the subject. I am just trying to stay out of trouble. Thanks for clearing it up for me...and I hated being annoying...well...guess its time to cancel the photobucket...

I am kinda wondering though...where did the image tag button go that was here when you went to the "advanced reply"...I don't see it...I only saw it in where I changed my sig...
    Yeah same here i was really confused on posting pictures. And thanks for clearing up the info w/ HM smiley Stich! Thanks everyone

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

disneyfreaks2 is offline A-Ticket holder
    testing signature -it's been a long time since I have been on here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12