Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Guidelines and FAQs Discuss General Discussions in the WDWRadio.com forums; A recent post in the General Discussions Forum prompted me to issue this guideline and clarification: -------------------------------- The General Discussions forums are for just that - anything you want to ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

General Discussions

A recent post in the General Discussions Forum prompted me to issue this guideline and clarification:

--------------------------------

The General Discussions forums are for just that - anything you want to discuss that is not Disney-related. I struggled with the decision to include this forum or not when setting up the site, based on problems I have seen on other boards.

However, I feel that our site is different in many ways, and wanted to not limit our community to just Disney. I stand by that decision and see no need to change my opinion.

That being said, there are always certain topics which will illicit reactions from people. Some good. Some not so good. Politics, religion, favorite superhero, whatever.

I do not feel that it is in anyone's best interest to ban topics, delete posts (within reason, of course), and certainly not ban users (again, unless their egregious actions dictate same).

I have no problem whatsoever with Summer's post about encouraging American citizens to vote in the upcoming election. As a proud American, I also believe that we should all exercise our right to vote. I don't think the post crosses any type of "line" by trying to be inflammatory at all.

By the same token, I also will not ask a user to remove or change their signature which may or may not espouse a certain political viewpoint. If you support one side or the other, breast cancer awareness, Ben or J-Lo... that's fine. Again, as long as it is within the scope of keeping this a "family-friendly" site. http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ies/smile1.gif

So, the bottom line is this: These forums are here for you. If you want to use the General forums to discuss an issue that is non-Disney related, please feel free. If something sparks discussion or debate, that's fine, too. If you don't want to be a part of it, then just ignore it. Of course, if there is ever a post that is offensive or otherwise inappropriate, I would expect a Moderator and/or members to notify me immediately.

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

bostonmickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    does anyone know how to put the days till disney countdown on the bottom of their page? thanks
    Ryan

Tampa is offline No longer in service