Greets, feel free to share your design background / experience / expertise with links to your portfolio work.
-Various concert and multimedia event staging crews
-BFA From Virginia Commonwealth School of the Arts (Focus on faux aged / worn artifacts and objects)
-Special events coordination assistance @ museum of fine arts
-Volunteer set construction and lighting for community theater
-Writing and production of original children's Christmas audio CDs
-Itinerant music (Writing, recording, performing)
-Youth convention set building, lighting, multimedia design
-Web design for newspaper and radio
-Interactive Flash web advertising
-Professional fine art photography
Hello, AKA Bill, mechanical design engineer, 32 years experience. BSME Drexel U., MEIE Penn State.
- First visited WDW in 1980 at age of 26 (one of my few regrets-that I couldn't go sooner).
- Best WDW Experience(s): being 'blown away' with awe 1st time I saw Spaceship Earth in '82, and completing the 2009 Goofy Chalenge.
- Worked in many varied industries building machinery that sold as the company's product.
- Helped out for 8 years in all backstage and technical areas in a community theatre group.
- Served 10 years as lead designer, engineer, technician, etc. for annual Haunted House project with area Jaycees chapter.
- Hobbyist involved with audio, video, electronics, computers, home improvement, anything technical.
- Received call from WDI while training for 2006 WDW Marathon. went thru 3 phone in 4 weeks interviews before they stopped. You can imagine what was going thru my head while training, anticipating the next call ! Still hoping some day to join the team !
Wow Goofy, I wish you the best and hope that magic call does come.
Found out yesterday the agency I work for is laying everyone off in two weeks so I wouldn't mind a magic call myself!
-WDW Cast Member (many many years ago)
-Degree in Communications with an emphasis on Multimedia and Film
-Certification as a Special Effects and Makeup Engineer
-2 Years on makeup and prop studio at Universal
-10 years as a Contractor: Designer/Builder for film and Television (various shows)
-3 Years working as Special Weapons and Props for Weta Workshop (Prince Caspian, Avatar, District 9, etc)
-Recently Employed by Weta Digital and Freelance as a Makeup/Props and Special Weapons Engineer
Currently building a "Disney Villains" working miniature ride... just because.
© WDWRadio™ and Second Star Media™
WDW Radio is in no way part of, endorsed or authorized by, or affiliated with the Walt Disney Company or its affiliates. As to Disney artwork/properties: © Disney - Disclosure.