Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Guests with Special Needs Discuss Autistics who love Disney in the Vacation Planning forums; My son is in the autism spectrum and thoroughly enjoys his trips to WDW. I think it's because he can go with the flow and be a quiet observer. He ...
    DebšošS is offline There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!
    1062.3 miles from my "Home Away From Home" resort Boardwalk Villas

Re: Autistics who love Disney

My son is in the autism spectrum and thoroughly enjoys his trips to WDW. I think it's because he can go with the flow and be a quiet observer. He doensn't like crowds and he gets tired and cranky midday but then don't we all? He still hasn't ridden all of the rides. Each trip he tries a new one and that's huge. He loves pins and trading but still won't approach a CM himself. It really is his happy place.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

My cousin (he's 18) has autism and he loves WDW. They go every year the week before Christmas and he brings his DS with headphones to deal with the crowds. And he is very clear on what he will and won't ride.... and no one pushes him to do what he doesn't like. They have more issues with him only eating pizza and chicken fingers than anything else.

GBMagic is offline A-Ticket holder

My daughter is Autistic and Down syndrome and loves going to WDW she is ok with crowds and will go on quite a few rides but with her hands covering her ears her favourite ride is Winnie the pooh hence we go on it quite a few times! but her biggest fear are the parades and obviously the fireworks she even starts to get nervous when its getting dark at night but i always feel she happiest when shes back at the room at the end of the day but then she talks about her day and what shes done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12