Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Guests with Special Needs Discuss Bonny and MJ - Disabled Mom and DD Locals in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi everyone! A year ago we moved to FL....I have been waiting and waiting to get our Disney Passes and we are finally getting them tomorrow!!!! (We got the March ...
    MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle

Bonny and MJ - Disabled Mom and DD Locals

Hi everyone!

A year ago we moved to FL....I have been waiting and waiting to get our Disney Passes and we are finally getting them tomorrow!!!! (We got the March 11, 2005) Yeah!! I really miss CA and this will go a long way towards making me feel better about FL...anyway...

We are looking for other families to go to WDW with...here is the deal...

We live in Altamonte Springs. My daughter is 4 and disabled, I am also. In a pinch she can ride in my lap, but it is easier if she can be in her chair and I in mine. She's getting a little big to be in my lap. So it works for us to have another family with us, that way we can kid swap and what not. We are working on a device to clamp our chairs together so that DH can push us like a double stroller.

I have arthritis and Fibromyalgia so on a good day I just have mobility and stamina issues on a bad I am in a lot of pain.

My dd has a bunch of diagnoses. She is adopted and her birthmother did a lot of drugs, alcohol, smkoing, etc. She has a g-tube (for feeding), she is speech limited, she has Cerebral Palsy (and will soon be back in braces, sigh), Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, Sensory Integration Disorder, severe cron allergy (to ALL corn products, sigh), possible Spina Bifida Occulta with tethered cord and a few others.

Needless to say, we are pretty good at how to navigate things with disabilites. I look forward to being able to help ppl with questions and ideas for navigating WDW wit hspecial needs.

I am glad this forum exists!

We'd love to meet up with other families who have disabilities or don't! MJ especially loves to meet other kids who have disabilities. If you are gonna be in FL, let us know! We mainly go on Fri and Sat (my dh's day off) but if you are going to be here anotehr day we can try to arrange something.

We also have passes to Sea World and Busch Gardens Tampa if anyone wants to go there.

I am going to start throwing out tips and ideas.
    Last edited by MommytoMJM; 03-28-2005 at 01:35 PM.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Great to meet you guys! My dad and I are locals once more, after three years in New Orleans. My mom passed away in her sleep this past December, and my hubby and I are newly separated. So it's just dad and me now. Anyway, Dad's got osteoarthritis along with Hep C, COPD, and a bunch of other stuff. Mom had rheumatoid arthritis, Chronic Fatigue, and Fibromyalgia, along with some other stuff. We had annual passes forever when we lived here before, and my parents got real good at navigating the parks with their ECVs. Dad and I are hoping to get passes again, once we change everything over to FL residency (harder than it sounds, cause we live in an RV). Costs too much for non-resident APs. In the meantime, we're getting 2 day park hoppers and heading out this Saturday, spending most of the day at MK. Not sure yet when we'll use the 2nd day, maybe next weekend. Let us know if you want to meet up this Saturday, if not that's cool....great to find this forum either way!!

Lisa

viks is offline A-Ticket holder
    can't help but have you coem across www.makeachildsmile.org ?

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    I will check it out Viks, never heard of it before.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)