Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Guests with Special Needs Discuss WDW with Disabilities in the Vacation Planning forums; anyone check out this book? WALT DISNEY WORLD - PLANNING GUIDE FOR THOSE HEALTH ISSUES, SPECIAL NEEDS, DISABILITES, HANDICAPS...
    MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

WDW with Disabilities

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

dizneluver is offline C-Ticket Holder
    WAY TO FAR AWAY FROM EITHER DISNEYLAND OR DISNEY WORLD :( (Colorado) :)

Re: WDW with Disabilities

I will have to see about getting the book only because it is hard for me to purchase stuff online due to being on a cash only spending system,,,but I did join their email list.

It will be interesting for me to see what they are going to be offering in terms of information as I have been intersted in starting a smilar type website of mine for quite some time now.

As I get more aquanted with their website I'll let you know what I think :P

TTFN

KD <>< 8(
    Kelly D aka NDA#5 and one of Lou's BOX PEOPLE <><
    Lover of ALL THINGS DISNEY since I was 9 months old which includes going to the Parks with undiagnosed ADHD until I was 33 years old (still go to the Parks but with the knowledge now that I live with ADHD):

Disabilities/Special Needs Forum Moderator for The Disney Echo Forums

Visit my blog DIZNELUVER'S WORLD

Deck 7 COOL KID

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.

Re: WDW with Disabilities

I used to be at another Disney site and it was given very bad reviews. I boght the book and regret buying it as I have learned more online than with that book.

I used to have lots of posts at another site and each time I ate a meal or did a ride I looked at the many things that different people experience. The book is based on his and his wife's opinions and does not take into consideration a lot of things.

Restaurant Marrakesh does not mention that it is not Disney owned or operated and is among the worst restaurants for people with special diets. One person reported online as having gone there with the same allergies mentioned each time. She was handed a white print out with everything but one dish crossed off and each time a different dish.

With Marrakesh the book says "We have heard the dining room gets warm" but I want the facts not hearsay. Is the rumors of a warm room from grumpy complainers or is it based on facts such as temporary climate control issues, time of day, time of year, and large crowds.

For Main Street Vehicles you see:
    Caution: Pain. For the horse car only - Fear of animals, allergies, must walk up and down steps.
    Actually I have never heard of any complaints of pain on those rides. All the vehicles require stepping up and transferring. Their instructions for the disabled is wrong. A person who cannot walk will be allowed a round trip usually and then return to transfer. I would caution persons with SID/SPD sensory issues that some of the rides have clanging bells.

Overall I would not recommend this book as it is a waste of money and you could do better with the passporter disabled book.
    Figment and Gurgi; chocolate and coffee; and my family. I like to cook, shop, VMK, ToonTown and sweepstaking. Trivia lover but memory not good enough.