Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Guests with Special Needs Discuss Buses at WDW and Wheelchairs in the Vacation Planning forums; So we parked at AK this weekend and then rode the bus over to MK later on. The driver was awesome. MJ just LOVED the ride. The MK was packed ...
    MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle

Buses at WDW and Wheelchairs

So we parked at AK this weekend and then rode the bus over to MK later on. The driver was awesome. MJ just LOVED the ride.

The MK was packed leaving and we missed the last bus to the AK so they called a driver to come and get us and two other families, we got to use on of the Kneeling busses. The whole bus tips to make getting in and out easier, it was great. Judy, our bus driver was terrific and so helpful!

We will never use our car to transport again! Tho we will park at MK since it is always open latest and 9 times out of 10 we end up there at night anyway!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Suggestion: E-mail WDW guest services (the link "Contact Us" is on the site www.disneyworld.com at the bottom of the page to thank Judy and/or any other CM. It does get back to them if you can provide enough information. It does mean a lot to the CM's who often have a thankless job.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    Suggestion: E-mail WDW guest services (the link "Contact Us" is on the site www.disneyworld.com at the bottom of the page to thank Judy and/or any other CM. It does get back to them if you can provide enough information. It does mean a lot to the CM's who often have a thankless job.
    That's so true. At the park I work at, we have these little perks we call "applause cards" that are given out for going above and beyond what is expected of you in your daily work. They get thrown into a drawing and you can win prizes as a result. Typically, being awarded one of these is pretty rare (i've only gotten one during each of the two summers i've worked there), and it usually happens when a member of management witnesses you doing something extra-ordinary (the first time, i relatively smoothly resolved an issue with an irate guest who was mad about a mistake i made, and the second time was for stopping to pick up trash while i was on my lunch break.) However, if a guest were to ever make a comment about you specifically, you would be sure to hear the feedback, usually in the form of an applause card or maybe even a mention in the teammember (kinda like Disney's CMs) newsletter.

I've never gotten any feedback from my superiors about people mentioning me, although I have had a number of the guests themselves pay me great compliments. I had one lady try to recruit me on the spot for her husband's company because of how friendly and polite I was (a nice offer, but it was too far of a drive... and i liked working at the park). Another mom burdened with several kids on her hands came up a few cents short of what she needed for lunch, and would have had to have gotten out of the long line to go get more money. i covered the rest of her meal with the spare change other guests had left on the register. She came back later on in the week, and thanked me personally. The best feedback i'd ever recieved however, came from one nice lady who commented on the amount of energy and smiles I put forth while working. I was selling pizza to an endless line at the time, and while most teammembers were running around with worried looks on their faces, I was singing (poorly, i might add) and cracking jokes to the kids in the line while I dished out the food. As I handed this lady her pizza, she said to me, "You look so happy and energetic... you should work for Disney!" I replied to her that it was one of my life's goals.

So yes... Thank the CMs (or in my case, teammembers). You just may make someone's day by letting them know they made yours.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

I am so glad to hear it helps. If I ever get my printer working I am going to print out CM appreciation cards, in the mean time I make sure to call them all by name and be really friendly and complimentary. I also send Disney a weekly email of all the great CM interactions I have (we go every weekend, so there are a lot)
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Wow... every weekend. Lucky you! I go as often as I can, but that ends up being every couple weeks usually. I have the season pass (although some blockout dates do apply) that lets me go almost whenever i want, but i still have a 1 hour 20 min drive from Daytona (that's about $8 in gas, round trip), plus what it costs to park and to eat, that gets rough to do every week on a college budget. not to mention the fact that I have to juggle schoolwork and flying. I fly as often as 6 days a week some weeks! And seeing as the flight schedule is never final until the night before, most of the trips I have to WDW are totally spurradic. "What? Oh, I'm not flying tomorrow evening?.. Wait.. no classes tomorrow?... Money in the wallet? Gas in the car??? I can go to WDW tomorrow!!!" Those are how my trips usually happen, and I rarely seem to know more than a few hours in advance that I can go.
    Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    I make sure to call them all by name
    Haha, I had a guest call me by name at my park once. I pardoned myself and actually asked her to repeat herself (I thought I'd misheard her!). It is so unusual to hear someone other than a fellow teammember call you by your name. I've only had it happen to me twice in the two years I've worked there so far. It's a friendly gesture though. I'm going to try to make it a habit of my own more often now. Well, as long as I don't totally massacre the pronunciation, haha.
    -Don-

LOL!

Every weekend....yup. We only pay for gas, take food, rarely buy souveniers and own our chairs, so it is pretty free.

Please let us know if you are going on Fridays or Saturdays, even if it is late notice...Since we are there all the time it is easy to adjust!

I don't have classes on Wed, Fri, Sat, and Sun. So as long as I'm not flying, those are the days I am usually able to go. Wednesdays are kind of right in the middle of the week though, so those are pretty rare. But fri thru sun are great if I have the time and money to spare. i'll have to drop you a line if I find myself going again anytime soon after this weekend.

(as advanced notice, I'm going to be going to WDW probably the 1st and/or 2nd of may. i know those are a sunday and monday, but i am finished with my finals on saturday night, and i am free to do as i please for the last few days before i head back to CT for the summer. After that, I wont have another chance to see Mickey til August. )
    -Don-