Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Guests with Special Needs Discuss Peter Pan for a larger person in the Vacation Planning forums; this may be a strange question but i have been worrying about it for awhile. since Peter Pan is suspended, is there any kind of weight limit? i was in ...
    rainbodragon is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Peter Pan for a larger person

this may be a strange question but i have been worrying about it for awhile. since Peter Pan is suspended, is there any kind of weight limit?

i was in a non disney park once and when my father and i attempted to get onto a ride we were both asked how much we weigh-loudly . that was humiliating. so i just want to be sure they wont question me, or make my gf & i ride in seperate cars due to weight or anything like that. i have never had an issue with any ride @ wdw, but have actually avoided PP because of this. i am leaving on the 18th and i want to go on it this time.

please help, or warn, or something.

TIA!

DebšošS is offline There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!
    1062.3 miles from my "Home Away From Home" resort Boardwalk Villas

Re: Peter Pan for a larger person

Debs Wills, Allears website has a section called WDW at Large. You might check there to see if anyone has experience with PP http://allears.net/

Sorry, I can't remember the seat size of PP in particular sorry. I just rode it in August too.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

You can also discreetly ask a CM prior to getting in line.

rainbodragon is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Re: Peter Pan for a larger person

ive been all over Debs site, including the at large section, but there is nothing about this issue, and i know i wont have the courage to ask a cm. oh well, i wont let this ruin my trip, thats for sure. does anyone recall if there is a good place to maybe sit nearby and watch the queue? do some surveillance work lol.

I find it highly doubtful that you will have an issue. I've never seen anyone stopped at Peter Pan's flight because of their size or weight.

Hop right in that pirate ship and head off to Neverland without worries!

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

You didn't say how large -- nor do I expect you to. For comparison purposes, I can tell you that I'm around 240, and to the best of my recollection (it has been a little while) the seating on PP for my wife and I was pretty roomy. More roomy than most rides, in fact, which I mention only because it suggests (though doesn't prove) that the ride was designed with consideration for much larger people than me.

I've also seen three to a vehicle before -- Mom, Dad, and young child, which appears to be what they designed for.

Anyway, I hope this is helpful. If your question remains unanswered, you can go into town hall on your way in and just ask. All cast members are of course supposed to treat all guests with respect, and for the most part that's what happens, though no one is perfect. But these are the people who spend all day telling guests with a straight face what time the 3:00 parade starts. They're the last people on Disney property that will be anything less than discrete and respectful.