Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Guests with Special Needs Discuss PICC line at WDW in the Vacation Planning forums; I posted another thread about doing WDW very ill but I forgot to ask something. More than likely when we go to WDW I will have a picc line. I ...
    mommy2allgirls is offline A-Ticket holder

PICC line at WDW

I posted another thread about doing WDW very ill but I forgot to ask something. More than likely when we go to WDW I will have a picc line. I will have to get the dressing cleaned and changed once a week and we will be at WDW for 2 weeks. Does anyone know if there is a place where someone can change it for me? At home a nurse will come to me to clean it. Also, does anyone have experience with WIGS at WDW. I was just wondering how a wig would do on rides and such. Thanks in advance
    Casey

dizneluver is offline C-Ticket Holder
    WAY TO FAR AWAY FROM EITHER DISNEYLAND OR DISNEY WORLD :( (Colorado) :)

Re: PICC line at WDW

There are urgent care facilities near WDW...that would probably be the best place to go to to get help with your PICC Line....though you might have a bit of a wait unless you can set up appointments

Though you can also try and call one of the Home Health Care Companies in the South West Orlando/Kissimmee area to see if you can set something set up where they meet you at your hotel to help you out.

In terms of which rides will work with your wig and which one wont...I reccommend that you get the PassPorter's Open Mouse for Walt Disney World and the Disney Cruise Line..it is a guide book written for guests with special needs by two people who have special needs. They took quite a few "research" trips to make sure that they got things right

This is the link to the Passporter website (PassPorter.com - Walt Disney World, Cruise, Disneyland travel guidebooks, tips, planning, articles, photos, and information) ...if you like the book you can buy it from their website.

BTW the book will probably have information about some of the resources that are near WDW that can help you with your PICC line too

Let me know if you have any more questions TTFN :
    Kelly D aka NDA#5 and one of Lou's BOX PEOPLE <><
    Lover of ALL THINGS DISNEY since I was 9 months old which includes going to the Parks with undiagnosed ADHD until I was 33 years old (still go to the Parks but with the knowledge now that I live with ADHD):

Disabilities/Special Needs Forum Moderator for The Disney Echo Forums

Visit my blog DIZNELUVER'S WORLD

Deck 7 COOL KID

sorry ...double posted and dont know how to take the second posting off
    Last edited by dizneluver; 03-08-2010 at 02:06 AM.
    Lover of ALL THINGS DISNEY since I was 9 months old which includes going to the Parks with undiagnosed ADHD until I was 33 years old (still go to the Parks but with the knowledge now that I live with ADHD):

Deck 7 COOL KID

mommy2allgirls is offline A-Ticket holder

Thank you so much! I am going to buy that book! For some reason I had no idea about that book and I thought I knew about all of them! Thank you for your help!
    Casey

((((CASEY)))))

Don't worry about not knowing about the book...it is never on the shelves at the "normal" bookstores....actually none of the Passporter books seem to be on the shelves :-/

The only reason why I know about it and recommend it is that I was a peer reviewer for the 1st edition of the book

TTFN

Deck 7 COOL KID