Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Guests with Special Needs Discuss sunny days in the Vacation Planning forums; My family is going to WDW in Nov. and I understand that is still a pretty sunny time down there. My mom is not allowed in the sun, so I'm ...
    mickey's_girl is offline A-Ticket holder

sunny days

My family is going to WDW in Nov. and I understand that is still a pretty sunny time down there. My mom is not allowed in the sun, so I'm wondering if there is alot of shaded spots for rest and for the reapplying of sun screen, or are we going to run into some problems?

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Most spots have some shade...I too am photosensitive, I have several suggestions,

1. carry a parasol.
    2. Long Sleeves
    3. Talk to Guest Services and explain her needs so that in any long queues in the sun she can wait inside or use an alternate entrance

Is she just photosensitive or heat sensitve too?
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

mickey's_girl is offline A-Ticket holder
    wow, thanks for the fast response. I believe she is sensitive to heat as well. I haven't had much of a chance to talk to her since she found out as we have very different schedules, and live 1 1/2 hrs away.

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I would be very careful at AK, especially if she is heat sensitive too. That's the park with the least shade and the most outdoor activities, so you may want to plan for mornings only there, before moving on to another park. Epcot's the best if you want to be in a park during the heat of the day (as opposed to going back to your hotel), as there are lots of places indoors that you can kill some time and rest up.

I second Bonny's idea of talking to Guest Services about the situation too. The ability to wait indoors for attractions, rather than a long queue in the sun, may make all the difference in your trip.

Have fun!

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    I like the parasol idea as well. They have them in France in EPCOT that you can get personalized with your name and a picture that are a nice souvenir that you will definantly use over and over. If you don't want to buy a parasol, you could always just use an umbrella, especially one that would fold up small that you could put in a backpack when inside an attraction would be nice.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!