Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Guests with Special Needs Discuss big people problems in the Vacation Planning forums; DH has been on Tea Cups, Autopia and Dumbo and fits on all.......Just so you know! Haven't been to the park that must not be named (tho I have heard ...
    MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    DH has been on Tea Cups, Autopia and Dumbo and fits on all.......Just so you know!

Haven't been to the park that must not be named (tho I have heard that they have sample seats in front of the rides so you can see if you will fit)

Sea World has special seats on Kraken for larger guests ( I assume all Busch parks do this)
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

PA. Chris is offline A-Ticket holder
    You are so nice. Thanks for making me feel good better about myself.....at least to the point that I am not messing the trip up....in that Disney has the accomodations/plans for larger people.......thanks

We will be down on Sunday Aug 28th for the week.....staying at the All Star Sports.....

I would rather stay where we have stayed the last 2 times.....(at the Poly).....but we are conserving.....

You have nothing to feel bad about at all Chris!!!! We can't wait to meet you! We conserve heavily, altho we go every weekend, we bring our food, don't buy souveniers, parking is paid for, we own mine and my daughter's wheelchairs....so all we pay is gas. You are gonna have a terrific time!

And thanks for the scripture, it was beautiful!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    I am 6 7 and weigh 400 pounds and I fit on everything. I mean on some rides I have to ask to sit in the front seat, but other than that I am fine!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Way Cool. I am sure we will meet!. I'll be in touch in the next couple months...

That is cool to hear Big Daddy !

Bonny - I will have to hear more.....just curious about the wheel chairs.....my wife runs the Occupational Therapy Department at a hospital......Special needs of one person are blessings for other people to hear about....sounds weird....but it is true......your challenges change other persons lives too.......

Awww, Chris, what a blessing to have found you here! If you look at the posts in this forum you can find a short intro about MJ and I....I wasn't sick when we adotped her, it is a long story, but I will be happy to share if you and your wife want to hear it.

MJ has been in PT, OT and ST since she was 13 mos old...

PS our tandem wheelchair (we rigged it) is pretty cool! Just ask Lou or any of the others here who have seen it...we get lots of comments every weekend!

Most persons have no idea what you are talking about when you say "PT, OT, ST" to them...... I will look for your story in the forum....

well.......unless you would like to go into it here ??

Here is the short version....If you want the long version of MJ's story let me know your email and I will send it to you, it is looooong....

I wasn't sick when we adopted MJ, I got sick as a result of a positive TB test when adopting her...(no I didn't have TB, but they made me take a prophylactic drug called Isonizaid that has now been linked to triggering auto immune disorders) So while we planned to have a special needs child, we didn't plan on my getting sick a year after we adopted her.....

here is a short intro....

Hi everyone!

A year ago we moved to FL....I have been waiting and waiting to get our Disney Passes and we are finally getting them tomorrow!!!! (We got the March 11, 2005) Yeah!! I really miss CA and this will go a long way towards making me feel better about FL...anyway...

We are looking for other families to go to WDW with...here is the deal...

We live in Altamonte Springs. My daughter is 4 and disabled, I am also. In a pinch she can ride in my lap, but it is easier if she can be in her chair and I in mine. She's getting a little big to be in my lap. So it works for us to have another family with us, that way we can kid swap and what not. We are working on a device to clamp our chairs together so that DH can push us like a double stroller.

I have arthritis and Fibromyalgia so on a good day I just have mobility and stamina issues on a bad I am in a lot of pain.

My dd has a bunch of diagnoses. She is adopted and her birthmother did a lot of drugs, alcohol, smkoing, etc. She has a g-tube (for feeding), she is speech limited, she has Cerebral Palsy (and will soon be back in braces, sigh), Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, Sensory Integration Disorder, severe cron allergy (to ALL corn products, sigh), possible Spina Bifida Occulta with tethered cord and a few others.

Needless to say, we are pretty good at how to navigate things with disabilites. I look forward to being able to help ppl with questions and ideas for navigating WDW wit hspecial needs.

I am glad this forum exists!

We'd love to meet up with other families who have disabilities or don't! MJ especially loves to meet other kids who have disabilities. If you are gonna be in FL, let us know! We mainly go on Fri and Sat (my dh's day off) but if you are going to be here anotehr day we can try to arrange something.

We also have passes to Sea World and Busch Gardens Tampa if anyone wants to go there.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I like that term Tinkerbell----"FLUFFY"....lol

Cedar Point park in Ohio has a few rides with test seats too.

***sigh ....38" is a very past and fond memory****sigh
    I love to go to those guess your wieght games and say to one of the young boys that work it..."now be nice" with that special MOM look...lol always win that way....it doesnt work when there is girl working it...guess teen boys are more respectful to moms then girls are...lol

Both my bf and I are happy round ppl (no #'s will be given) and we dont have much problems getting on Kennywood Park in Pittsburgh's rides. His issue is his tummy and mine is in the chest area.....LOL...geez those harness things just out and out squish you
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I'm 6'5 160lbs, and tend to fall off Big Thunder during drops.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    ow!...so that explains a lot about you Tampa...ppppptttttt
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    I'm 6'5 160lbs, and tend to fall off Big Thunder during drops.
    Are you being goofy? I hope so.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Goofy is about 6'5" and 160 lbs..................
    They call me "Nana"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast