Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Guests with Special Needs Discuss big people problems in the Vacation Planning forums; I rode the RR and am pretty much a pooh sized guy. 5' 10" 325 and rode very well. could be because i had the front car. Was a bit ...
    Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I rode the RR and am pretty much a pooh sized guy. 5' 10" 325 and rode very well. could be because i had the front car. Was a bit hard on my kness getting out but other than that it was great. also rode ToT and the nwe seatbelt that they have is better than the old lap bar( has been a while since i rode) plenty of room and nothing to hinder the other guest as the lap bar did. This weekend EE. I gald that they put a test car out infront of the ride.

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder

Thumbs up

Well EE was worth the drive over and I rode it fine. So all you pooh sized people should do ok. It was eassier to get out of than RnR.

spiceycat is offline A-Ticket holder
    the only ones I think are big thunder mountain and goofy's barnstormer.

I can ride BTM - but I haven't even tried barnstormer.... do adults ride this RR without problems?????

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I'm going to bring this thread back to the top because it touches me so deeply. I am beyond pooh-sized. Honest to goodness, I am sporting nearly a 50" waistline. For all the women, I wear size 24-26 jeans because of my waist/belly area. I am 5'5" and about 300lbs. Yes, I'm a big girl. I have never been turned away from a ride, I have never bottomed out on PotC. I HAVE however had difficulty getting through the turnstiles, the one's that come to ming are at the HM and PotC and Philharmagic and Small World (as you exit). One website I had read said to just go through the wheelchair gate (it swings), and I did so once and had some freaky teen cast member yell from about 15 feet away that I wasn't supposed to do that. I figure if his job is to be watching those turnstiles, he needed to be standing there, not across the way chatting with another cast member. If he were standing there, I'd have asked permission - but he wasn't so I did, and he yelled, and I just kept going because I was so embarrassed. (this was last december)

Another way to estimate the size - I can still get the belt buckled on an airplane but its SUPER TIGHT, and I don't get up for the duration of the flight! I am resisting asking for that extension thing...errrrrr.....

Yea, I think I'll go for a walk now...
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    I rode Barnstormer about 5 years ago at DLR and had no problem. I was at 300 pounds and very large in the hips. I am only 5'4" and wear sandals so I had not problem but would not want to be a long legged person on that ride.

Scariest ride is the boats where you step on the side and it tips way over like the C**** Boats. Only problems at most parks is getting an attendant to hand over the lap belt extender on raft rides.

Bobsleds at DLR are good places to get stuck as well as the Astro Orbiter or what ever they now call the rocket ride. On the boblsed you plop into the seat then when you get out you cannot. I used to have to stand up and back out of the Bobsleds but then again I have had back and knee problems for many years. I panic attack was on the rockets when I got in but the way the ride vehicle tips makes it very hard to get out.

Never get stuck on the big roller coaster at DCA as i was fine with a loose harness, better thrills that way, but the dudes in back of me were hurting because of being cramped and having their legs folded like pretzels.

A major complaint is turnstiles even on sort of normal people. They are narrow and tend to pinch fingers. Casey Jr. Animal cars are made for 3-year olds and not for anyone over 60 pounds or 4 feet tall. Fat lady backing out of animal cage is not a nice picture.

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Just got my "allearsnet" newsletter in my email and look what a recent visitor has reported! Things are looking up (and I have lost 8 pounds in anticipation of my next trip!)

... from Maggie: The turnstiles at Pirates of the Caribbean are gone! They have been changed out in the rehab to the photo-electric cell type that are just a couple of columns that you walk through or can wheel a wheelchair through. "Fluffy" people can rejoice... one less place to suffer bruising of the hips at Magic Kingdom! Now, if they will just do away with the old turnstiles at Country Bear Jamboree and Haunted Mansion!
    -o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

astein is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Question

Does anybody know if they have seatbelt extensions for rides? if so, which ones. I would love to do soarin' but afraid I won't fit in seat.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by astein View Post
    Does anybody know if they have seatbelt extensions for rides? if so, which ones. I would love to do soarin' but afraid I won't fit in seat.
    I'm not sure about Soarin' specifically. However, what you could do is ask a CM before you get into line and they should be able to tell you one way or another. The seats on Soarin' do have a loop to accommodate smaller aviators who don't reach a certain height mark when seated, so they may have something Pooh sized aviators. It doesn't hurt to ask.

I just put "seatbelt extensions" in a seach on allearsnet.com and just learned that Kali River Rapids does have this option. I never knew about that.
    Animal Kingdom - WDW at Large

You may want to try clicking around the All Ears site for more information on visiting WDW At Large.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Soarin does not have seatbelt extensions. The seatbelts are longer than normal airline seatbelts though. So you'll be fine!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    my friend heather is a HUGE pooh fan.. and she doesnt wanna go to disney until she loses weight.. but hey i have known her for going on 4 yrs and she hasnt lost any and she still wants to go but wont! shes scared it will be like kings island and wont be able to ride the rides.. i will have to show her this post.. she is i'm guessin over 300 and is about 5'3.. and her hubby is a big fellow too.. i wish i could get her to let go and just do the things she wants to in life
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

dizneluver is offline C-Ticket Holder
    WAY TO FAR AWAY FROM EITHER DISNEYLAND OR DISNEY WORLD :( (Colorado) :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    my friend heather is a HUGE pooh fan.. and she doesnt wanna go to disney until she loses weight.. but hey i have known her for going on 4 yrs and she hasnt lost any and she still wants to go but wont! shes scared it will be like kings island and wont be able to ride the rides.. i will have to show her this post.. she is i'm guessin over 300 and is about 5'3.. and her hubby is a big fellow too.. i wish i could get her to let go and just do the things she wants to in life
    HEY HEATHER!!!

DONT WAIT...atleast not cuz of your weight!

I have experience woulda, shoulda, coulda regret...for various reasons and the regret I have felt stinks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also I dont know if this has been mentioned in this thread but Deb Willis' Book PASSPORTER'S WDW FOR YOUR SPECIAL NEEDS address issues related to being a larger guest on property...including parks, resorts, and all the extras

The book is a great way to figure out what you can/cant do in advance...which I HIGHLY reccomend
    Kelly D aka NDA#5 and one of Lou's BOX PEOPLE <><
    Lover of ALL THINGS DISNEY since I was 9 months old which includes going to the Parks with undiagnosed ADHD until I was 33 years old (still go to the Parks but with the knowledge now that I live with ADHD):

Disabilities/Special Needs Forum Moderator for The Disney Echo Forums

Visit my blog DIZNELUVER'S WORLD

Deck 7 COOL KID

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    My bro-in-law is about 6'9" and was nearing 350 at his heaviest (but lost over 50lb! last year). He has never had a problem with a single ride at WDW. There are a few her prefers not to go on, like Tomorrowland Speedway, but you couldn't keep him off of one like Space Mountain, PotC, BTMRR, etc
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

GoofyGuy is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hi all
    Can a "Pooh sized" person ride Buzz Lightyear in the MK? We went on Peter Pan and I didn't enjoy it because I thought it was going to break during the ride. I kept looking up at the connections LOL
    Whats all this stuff I've been hearing in the news about not letting pooh sized people on Small World? A local talk show was talking about it on the radio last week. They were saying the boats were bottoming out and getting stuck. Is this true? (Something else to worry about now) Guess I should start Jenny Craig now then......
    February 1997 - Off Property
    October 1999 - Off Property
    November 2000 - Off Property
    November 2001 - All Star Music
    November 2002 - All Star Music
    November 2003 - All Star Movies
    November 2005 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    October 2007 - Pop Century Classic Years
    November 2008 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2010 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2012 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2013 - All Star Music

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by GoofyGuy View Post
    Hi all
    Can a "Pooh sized" person ride Buzz Lightyear in the MK?
    Yes - there should be no problem at all.
    Whats all this stuff I've been hearing in the news about not letting pooh sized people on Small World? A local talk show was talking about it on the radio last week. They were saying the boats were bottoming out and getting stuck. Is this true? (Something else to worry about now)
    I haven't heard this at all but I will tell you in 9 days!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

GoofyGuy is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Thanks Winnie
    Your sooooooooooooooooo lucky going in 9 days!
    I still got 6 months +
    But trying make the best of it by reading these forms every day!
    Have a safe trip down.
    February 1997 - Off Property
    October 1999 - Off Property
    November 2000 - Off Property
    November 2001 - All Star Music
    November 2002 - All Star Music
    November 2003 - All Star Movies
    November 2005 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    October 2007 - Pop Century Classic Years
    November 2008 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2010 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2012 - Port Orleans / French Quarter