Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Guests with Special Needs Discuss Paralized in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm paralized from the waist down and am always cruising around in my wheelchair. The only problem I have is reaching things from my wheelchair. What should I do?...
    DisneyChick is offline A-Ticket holder

Paralized

I'm paralized from the waist down and am always cruising around in my wheelchair. The only problem I have is reaching things from my wheelchair. What should I do?
    Idina

Gotta love those 's!

TalkingHands is offline A-Ticket holder
    Get a grabber and keep it with you or ask someone to get things for you. Your choice. I have several grabbers in different styles and varying lengths as it is hard for me to bend down to pick things up or get things off of shelves.
    WDW Sept 9-11, 2005

Lisbet

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by TalkingHands
    Get a grabber and keep it with you or ask someone to get things for you. Your choice. I have several grabbers in different styles and varying lengths as it is hard for me to bend down to pick things up or get things off of shelves.

I second this suggestion. My Uncle had several of these all over his house to use. He also kept one with his chair for out of house use. It worked well for him.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Welcome to the boards... Grabbers are good (I call them pickle pickers), I also find that people are ususally willing to help whether it be guests or CM's..... Glad to have you here!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

That's a great idea, but I know that it can't help me wash my hands. How do I do so?
    Idina

Gotta love those 's!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyChick
    That's a great idea, but I know that it can't help me wash my hands. How do I do so?
    Every bathroom I have been in has a WC accessible sink and towel dispenser.....
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)

TalkingHands is offline A-Ticket holder
    Carry a small bottle of liquid soap in your purse to use. And use the lowered sinks if available.
    WDW Sept 9-11, 2005

Lisbet

Hmmm...I'll look harder tomorrow! Thank you so much MommytoMJM!
    Idina

Gotta love those 's!

Quote Originally Posted by TalkingHands
    Carry a small bottle of liquid soap in your purse to use. And use the lowered sinks if available.
    I do this as well! That antibacterial stuff (It now comes with skin moisturizer in it too)

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyChick
    Hmmm...I'll look harder tomorrow! Thank you so much MommytoMJM!
    You are welcome, we aim to please! Hope to meet you when you come to WDW next, Lisbet and I had a great time meeting last week, can't wait to see her again soon too!