Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Guests with Special Needs Discuss PassPorter's Walt Disney World for your Special Needs in the Vacation Planning forums; Just in case you didn't know, you can now pre-order Deb Will's and Debra Martin Koma's book on Special Needs from the PassPorter site. http://www.passporter.com/wdw/specia.../guidebook.htm It was especially written for ...
    MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

PassPorter's Walt Disney World for your Special Needs

Just in case you didn't know, you can now pre-order Deb Will's and Debra Martin Koma's book on Special Needs from the PassPorter site.

http://www.passporter.com/wdw/specia.../guidebook.htm

It was especially written for travelers with:
    -Hearing/Vision Loss
    -ADHD
    -Infants
    -Seniors
    -Allergies/Asthma
    -Autism Spectrum Disorders
    -Mobility Concerns
    -Heart Health Issues
    And MANY other health and lifestyle-related special needs.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    This book is now available!

http://www.allearsnet.com/news/hnews.htm
    http://www.passporter.com/store/1587710188.aspx

Book Description
    Do you have special needs? We believe that virtually every family or group that visits Walt Disney World and the Disney Cruise Line has at least one member with a special need. A child with ADHD, pregnant and nursing moms, parents with infants, cousins "keeping Kosher" or Halal, grandparents with declining mobility, a child with food allergies, an uncle struggling with obesity, a teenaged daughter recently "converted" to vegetarianism.. everyday people coping with everyday needs.

Travel in confidence with PassPorter's Walt Disney World For Your Special Needs, offering over 400 pages of information, photographs, maps, charts, and honest advice by Disney experts Deb Wills and Debra Martin Koma! Our guidebook covers 24 special needs categories, embracing dietary choices and hundreds of medical and mental health issues, including yours! Features include:

# Super-detailed descriptions of every Disney ride and attraction, with a special needs focus.
    # Comprehensive information on Disney resort hotels to help you choose the best lodging and accessible rooms.
    # Insider tips for dining at Disney with a special diet, and how Disney caters to your requirements.
    # A boatload of tips on sailing with Disney Cruise Line.
    # Tales and tips from dozens of special needs travelers with needs just like yours.
    # Honest advice so you can feel safe and comfortable.
    # Everything you need to enjoy Disney to the fullest, from one of the most trusted names in Disney travel.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

AllEarsNet is offline A-Ticket holder

Comments on Book

Hi Folks,

We are very interested in your comments and thoughts about the new Passporter for Your Special Needs book. We really want to help folks get the most out of their special vacation to WDW!

Deb Wills

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Quote Originally Posted by AllEarsNet
    Hi Folks,

We are very interested in your comments and thoughts about the new Passporter for Your Special Needs book. We really want to help folks get the most out of their special vacation to WDW!

Deb Wills

Waves!!! Hi Deb....I'l be happy to give you my input as soon as I can afford to get the book unfortunately $$ is very tight right now....I am very excited to read it tho!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

dsdbatty is offline A-Ticket holder
    When we visited Disney World last November, all we had to do was take a note from my son's doctor stating that he was within the Autism Spectrum and thus had a problem with lines. We immediately were issued a pass that allowed us to go through the Fast Pass line or use a handicapped entrance for all rides and attractions. We felt strange in that our son does not look "different" physically and thus had no overtly visible reason for needing a special needs pass, but CM's were wonderful in simply looking at the pass, smiling, and letting us in. With the exception of one CM at Disney MGM who said something about pushing ADA too far (we still are not quite sure what she meant), none of them even looked at our family to try to tell who had the disability. CM's at Animal Kingdom really went out of their way to help us.

Our trip would not have been anywhere near to the fun we experienced had we had to deal with his stemming from waiting in lines.
    It often shows a spectacular command of the English language just to smile and say nothing.

kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder
    FYI: Deb Wills and Debra Martin Koma will be discussing this book on Nov8th on Autism Radio One from 12pm-1pm. See allears for more info.

As the daughter of a Psychologist who used to run a pre-school program for special needs children, I think this was a great idea and salute Deb and Deb for writing this book!
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports July 2001
    All Star Movies Jan. 2002
    All Star Sports Oct 2003
    Wilderness Lodge Oct 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Oct 2005
    All Star Sports April 2009

"Officially" Engaged by Cinderella's Castle 2009
    Wedding Pavilion for our Ceremony 2/27/10
    Grand Floridian for the Reception
    Polynesian for our Honeymoon

bmcarthur is offline A-Ticket holder
    I am taking a mobility challenged to Disney World in June. Any suggestions on how to assure the rental of an electric cart for getting around the parks?

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to DWT, bmcarthur!

If you only want to use an ECV at the parks, you can rent them at the gates to each park. As far as I know there is no guarantee of getting one, but best bet is to arrive early.

If you are staying for several days, you might want to check into renting from an outside agency. My dad used one, and they brought a nice clean ECV to the hotel the night before he checked in, picked it up from the resort after he checked out, and he had it to use both in the parks and around the resorts for the whole trip. The cost per day was either the same or slightly less than daily rental at the parks. PM me if you want more info on the company he used. It was smaller and lighter than the 4 wheel ones the parks rent - we could put it in the back of a minivan or the trunk of a car.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page