Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Guests with Special Needs Discuss Horse Back Riding? in the Vacation Planning forums; Do you know if they have special seats for handicap riders at the Fort Wilderness Campground so that people in wheelchairs can ride the horse...
    #1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.

Horse Back Riding?

Do you know if they have special seats for handicap riders at the Fort Wilderness Campground so that people in wheelchairs can ride the horse
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I checked in the new Passporter's Walt Disney World for your Special Needs by Deb Wills and Debra Martin-Koma. They don't mention special saddles being available - just that riders must be under 250 lbs.

The reservations phone # for the trail rides is 407-824-2832, you might be able to ask there. Or try contacting Deb and Debra at AllEarsNet.com
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thank you, I have the book and it didn't mention anything either. I was just wondering?
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Can't wait!!!!!!

spiceycat is offline A-Ticket holder
    you know I don't know either....

the horseback riding is nearby the kennels - where Spicey stays alot of time.

I will try to remember to go ask - now don't be disappointed if I forget - I am trying to do alot this trip....

the phone number is for the kennels....not sure if they know either...

oh a few years ago they changed the way you get on and off the horses. there is now a place where you kinda fall off to get on the horse - and you hault yourself off to get off... I don't like it - I like the regular way to on and off a horse...

they told me that they had trouble with a person who claims to weight 245 lbs getting him on and off the horse....put out someone back.... so now they don't have to touch you.

so I could see this being an advantageous to someone handicapped.

what type of seat would she need?

The seat would have to just have a back to it, it's a special saddler that they have. Just a higher back for balance reasons.

Can't wait!!!!!!