Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Guests with Special Needs Discuss Food allergies in the Vacation Planning forums; for some strange reason my copy of MS word won't let me cut and paste. Send me your emails and I will forward the recipe to you. MommytoMJM, I sent ...
    BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    for some strange reason my copy of MS word won't let me cut and paste. Send me your emails and I will forward the recipe to you. MommytoMJM, I sent it to your AOL account already.

Bryan
    Remember the most important Service guidline-

"Always preserve the Magic"

tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I am very happy to hear that Disney is very accommodating to people with food allergies. My son was recently diagnosed as being allergic to milk. It's meant a whole new way of learning what things he can have and what things he can't. I never knew just how many things had milk in it (even hidden) until this. We had suspected he was allergic to milk for a while so we had already limited what he ate.

Unfortunately he isn't old enough to be added to our dining plan so I'm not sure how to be able to have things for him to eat. He'll just be about a year and a half when we go.

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003

BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    My suggestion would be to tell the CM's that YOU are allergic to Milk. that way, anything served to you can be shared with your little guy.
    OR- tell them to prepare your meals Milk free so he can share them. either way, they'll take care of him.

If you plan on sharing, that is...
    Remember the most important Service guidline-

"Always preserve the Magic"

tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanFykes View Post
    My suggestion would be to tell the CM's that YOU are allergic to Milk. that way, anything served to you can be shared with your little guy.
    OR- tell them to prepare your meals Milk free so he can share them. either way, they'll take care of him.

If you plan on sharing, that is...
    Thanks.

We do plan on sharing either letting him eat off our plate or in the event that DD doesn't want to eat all of her plate to let him eat off her's as well. I would think that would be allowed but if it isn't then we have no problem just letting him eat off our plates alone.

I had originally thought of telling them that she was allergic to milk and/or needed milk free items but I wasn't sure. She loves milk (thankfully she didn't develop his allergies). We also plan to discuss it with his doctor when we go for his next appointment.

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003

MMCgirl20 is offline A-Ticket holder
    one of my college professors is allegic to wheat and we also have a no-nut policy at the college. so ask the nearest cast member or someone working at the restaurant you're eating at if you can have an alternative item.
    M-I-C (see ya later) K-E-Y (Why? Because we like you) M-O-U-S-E

*One little Spark*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12