Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Guests with Special Needs Discuss Sid in the Vacation Planning forums; My daughter has sensory integration dysfunction. She is not autistic, so I don't know if she would qualify for the special assistance card. I was wondering if any of you ...
    Madhatter is offline A-Ticket holder

Sid

My daughter has sensory integration dysfunction. She is not autistic, so I don't know if she would qualify for the special assistance card. I was wondering if any of you could give me some tips about going to disney with a SID child.

Thanks
    We are all mad here. I am mad. You're mad

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Hi there, I don't have any good info to give you unfortunately, but we do have some pretty knowledgeable people here. A member of ours has a Q and A forum for quests with special needs, you can find the link here:

http://disneyworldtrivia.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1974
    Also, visit the other threads in the special needs forums, we have some good books to recommend and places to get some info. Hope you have a great trip!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    hey there, I have lots of info for you on doing WDW with SID (my daughter has it too) but I am in the middle of moving right now, when is your trip?
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

We are not planning on going any time soon. I was just curious. Any info would help, but take your time I am in no rush.

Thanks

Okay Madhatter, we are all moved in now... what types of questions do you have? What type of SID does your child have?
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)

Any info will do. My daughter is sensitive to sound, touch and has major feeding issues. She loves carousel rides, but on the other hand I could see ourselves waiting for an hour to ride dumbo and then she refuses to ride it. It is all a guessing game for us. Sound familar?

yes, very familiar... I am working on a response, but it is taking a bit to type, I'll get it posted to you asap...