Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Guests with Special Needs Discuss asthma/allergies in the Vacation Planning forums; I don't know if this exactly qualifies as a special need but this seemed like the best place to post it. I have severe asthma and allergies, and I planned ...
    seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!

Question asthma/allergies

I don't know if this exactly qualifies as a special need but this seemed like the best place to post it. I have severe asthma and allergies, and I planned my trip during the flower and garden festival (I know, really smart right ). But I finally got to plan a birthday trip, so i'm not going to alter my plans any! Disney World is going to specially clean my hotel rooms to try and make it as dust mite free as possible, but I was just wondering if anyone with similar problems has and tips or hints for EPCOT, or has experience with the allergy cleaning so I can know what to expect.
    Thanks so much!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    I can't help answer that question, but I'd like to add one mf my own. I have to get allergy shots once a week, annoying I know, and wonder if there is anywhere near WDW that anyone knows of where I could get mine without much trouble during my stay?
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    I don't know about your allergist, but I talked to them and told them I was going to be out of town for two weeks, they told me for that short of a time it wouldn't make a big difference on my shots, at my clinic they only transfer your shots if you're going to be gone for a month or more. Have you asked your doctor about your trip, because if they do think you need to have the shots given while you're gone - they can probably tell you the best place to get them done.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    Thanks, well, I haven't talked to my family dr. lately because I'd been having them done at my college clinic, and they didn't really know anything about transferring the shots anywhere. I'll have to ask my family Dr. next time I see him.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!