Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Guests with Special Needs Discuss Tips for Moms-to-Be in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi everyone I've been searching various Disney-fansites for a few months now regarding Tips for Moms-to-be and the advise has been limited. I will be visiting WDW in the next ...
    Since1994 is offline A-Ticket holder

Tips for Moms-to-Be

Hi everyone

I've been searching various Disney-fansites for a few months now regarding Tips for Moms-to-be and the advise has been limited.

I will be visiting WDW in the next few weeks and will be 24wks pregnant when we are there.
    No doubt I will be eating alot of and to help keep my energy up.

I have been advised to take it easy and drink plently fluids and avoid the following ridesat WDW:

At Magic Kingdom
    • Splash Mountain
    • Big Thunder Mountain
    • Space Mountain
    • Indy Speedway
    • Mad Tea Party
    At EPCOT
    • Mission:SPACE
    • Test Track
    At MGM Studios
    • Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    • Rock n Rollercoaster
    • Star Tours
    At Animal Kingdom
    • Dinosaur
    • Primeval Whirl
    • Expedition Everest
    • Kilimanjaro Safaris
    • Kali River Rapids
    Any further advise for myself and other Mom's-to-be would be greatly apprechated.

Magical Wishes to you all

Nikki n the wee bump

MNSSHP here I come 09/22/06 :: WDW Vacation - Only 10 days to go!
    Last edited by Since1994; 09-06-2006 at 10:53 AM. Reason: UPDATE

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    I don't know if I can give "official" advice as I have only been to the world once and I wasn't pregnant at the time. I can tell you Animal Kingdom and Epcot involve some serious walking in my opinion. Make sure you drink plenty of water (to try to keep those feet and legs from swelling.) Take along some extra healthy snacks also. I did so much walking last time we were there I actually lost weight. (And I'm not very big to start with.) There are lots of people on the site that are way more experienced than me on visiting, so stick around and you'll get some great tips. You are going to MNSSHP?
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Lots of good advice here: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/art...wer.php?aid=79 (although there is one change: Soarin' does advise against pregnant women riding).

Also try: http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/pregnant.htm
    and I highly recommend the book advertised on that page as well.

Congratulations & enjoy your trip!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thank you both for you kind responces.

disneydame2004 - I have ordered that book you mentioned. Alot of people have recommended that book to me before. Give me some good reading for the flight. Its a shame about "Soarin'" I was looking forward to that but I'll double check all the rides before I go on any of them even Pirates of the Carribean

turkeymama - Hopefully will be going to MNSSHP on the 22nd. Have you been?

Nikki n the wee bump

MNSSHP here I come 09/22/06

tharmscott is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was about 14 weeks the first time I went to WDW. We were just there for a long weekend. The only thing I noticed was the day we flew down I didn't take good care of myself. I didn't stay hydrated and ate very little. After we checked in we headed to Magic Kingdom and I hopped on the carousel - bad idea. I was sick the rest of the day. Kilamanjaro Safaris also has signs posted not to ride if pregnant. I did and didn't have any problems. I was also stupid enough to do the Mad Tea Party. Have fun!!!!

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    i saw ALOT of women pregnant when we were there in august. my advice would be to rest as much as possible. luckily there are alot of restaurants and places to sit. depending on who yu are going with, a short trip back to the hotel in the afternoon is always a good idea. or if yur hotel is "too far", ride the monorail and visit a restaurant at the polynesian or contemporary to rest and relax. congradulations!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

ohhh and if yur flying...... get up and walk up and down the aisles if yu are able too. this will keep the circulation going in yur legs!

okay one more piece of advice..... IF and i say IF yu will need to visit a doctor while ur there, the walk in clinic that disney will give yu info on IF yu need it, is really good! my mom got a severe sinus infection while we were there and was in and out in 2 hours. she said the staff had the same niceness and friendliness as the disney staff themselves. at its close too. if yu go off property its near the olive garden.

ginarella is offline A-Ticket holder
    I went when I was 8 months pregnant with my oldest son. We rented a wheelchair each day. I would get out and walk for a while, but I did use the wheelchair quite a bit. Unfortunately, you don't get warning when you are swelling, until it's already happened. There was a plus to the wheelchair...you get in the front of the line (actually your whole party). The CM insisted on it. I tried to tell them that I was able to stand in line and wait, but they insisted that we went in the front. I think they were afraid i was going to go into labor LOL!! Although you shouldn't have the line problem at the time you are going. If you are flying, check in as early as possible, or maybe talk to your airlines, and see if you can have the seat in the bulkhead...it is the front seat...and you have alot more legroom...much more comfortable, and gives you a chance to stretch out your legs.
    Make sure you drink plenty of fluids while you are there too!! Have a good time!! We are going on the 18th -23rd, we are going to MNSSHP on the 22nd also!!

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    I'd say probably the best things to do are :

Avoid the intense rides

Rest ( head to a resort for a while , go to the pool and grab yourself a magazine , also a nice hot bath makes for a good relaxation...)

Also , If you are planning to watch Wishes , instead of standing around in the crowded MK ( and if you rent a wheel chair it's going to be hard to see..) , go to that restraunt on the top floor of the Contemp or to Ohana , both have a nice view of Wishes , and if i'm correct , doesn't the restraunt on the top floor of the Contemp play the music to Wishes?

Oh yeah...go on one of those night time cruises on the little lake - they also give a view of Wishes and music too I think..
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

Hi folks

Just back from my WDW trip. The week past too quickly!

I did find it really hot for September and that Lovebugs deserve there name (they LOVE to BUG people)

Managed to see most of MK and Epcot but missed alot of attractions and shows at MGM and AK. I did find that there were more restrictions in MGM and AK for moms-to-be than expected. But better safe than sorry.
    Waterparks are a bit of a disappointment if you like to go on all the water flumes but the lazy rivers are brilliant for relaxing.

Disney's Transportation service was fantastic, better than the bus service we get back home (Scotland)

Pop Century Resort was what I expected from a budget hotel. Very clean and loved the architecture, but a week was long enough staying in a Disney resort. (I like to travel about)

Can't wait to go back with baby onboard and enjoy the parks through the eyes of a child again.

Partner really enjoyed his first visit and can't wait to see what the rest of Orlando and Florida has to offer.

Please keep posting here with all your tips for Moms-to-Be visiting WDW
    Nikki

I love & WDW Radio

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    I went to WDW twice during my pregnancy - the first time I was about 12 wks and rode evrything (with my doctors approval)
    The second time I was 30 wks and rode hardly anything - I would advice that you stay hydrated and avoid walking too much - by the end of my day I felt like i was about to go into labor from all the walking abot - If i could do it over again I would have rented a wheel chair!
    We did get a great picture of Mickey mouse with his hand on my big round belly - what a great memory!!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

MMCgirl20 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Well I can't offer any advice from experiance since I obviously don't have any kids of my own and my sister was already a few months old when we first went to disney world in 1996(plus I'm a wee bit late posting this so i'll just post it for any expecting mom to be planning a trip to WDW) the only advice I can I give is this: try to avoid the dangerous fast paced rides, take a break every now and then if you're tired (like someone else on this thread suggested you may want to use a wheelchair) get plenty to drink and eat and know where restrooms are located too. It's also always a good idea to visit attractions than to go on rides while you're expecting. but if u want to go on a ride make sure to go on one that's a slow ride so u can relax
    Also something else i found out, give yourself one day out of your trip to be your 'relaxation day' trying to keep off your feet as much as possible. But if u must be busy, take breaks in between like i mentioned earlier.
    sometime during your trip you may want to get your little one his or her first mouse ears or something else to mark your visit to WDW (it's always good to ask a Cast Member to help you if you want the baby's name embroidered on the said mouse ears but be sure u pick a name first!)
    Last edited by MMCgirl20; 11-04-2011 at 03:16 AM.
    M-I-C (see ya later) K-E-Y (Why? Because we like you) M-O-U-S-E

*One little Spark*

capitalangel is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Tips for Moms-to-Be

Thanks!!!!!!!!!! My husband surprised me with a last minute trip to WDW and i was a little concerned there was a lot i would not be able to do...those lists are not too bad at all!!! I will be 21 weeks when we are there. I am also looking forward to doing a little shopping for the baby.
    I want to go back...and live in the world with the mouse