Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hidden Mickeys Discuss One Big Mickey South of Clermont in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; That's 2 cool...
    First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    That's 2 cool
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post
    Thats what I thot the arrow was pointing at too. The ponds. Let me look again.

OK...I zooomed way out and way in, and still dont see anything but the ponds from far away, and some trees clustered together closer up. Sorry I still dont see it.

And I looked again and still only see trees from the distance you gave. Maybe the bigger one looks like the main head part and the one next to it a left ear but no right ear to be seen, and if you zoom in one more the trees separate into more trees.

Personally I see one more in the baseball field over to the left at that distance...lol

Are we looking at the same picture?
    It is definately a Mickey, and the circles are almost perfect. If those are trees that is pretty dang good!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Thats awesome. I definetely see it, a classic mickey if ive ever seen one!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Hey that's really cool. bet that took some work.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Okay, it is trees. I had it zoomed too far out and thought it was ponds. Upon closer inspection (literally) I realized it was trees.
    They call me "Nana"

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    OK.....Something was really weird with the links for me, I guess. I kept getting a residential area with a baseball field to the left is why I didnt see anything. I clicked on the link again and got the right picture this time. No wonder I thot my recent age increase was effecting my eyes.

Yes I do see it now. LOL CLear as day. OK...no one else quote me, I was getting a complex. LOL

BTW...I typed it in by hand at one point thinking the link was off and got the same weird pic, Yet another reason I dont use google that much...lol It hates me.

Alright, I figured out what it was doing. It was taking me northwest a bit of where it was. Just do a search for Clermont, Fl and you will see why I couldnt find it. I was looking to where the arrow was pointing.
    Last edited by vixen101485; 02-22-2007 at 07:58 PM.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Well, I'm just happy you got to see it Vixen! You were probably seeing this baseball field and housing area thinking I was off my rocker!!

I thought it was a pretty neat little discovery and I wanted to share it with more Disney fans!!

I would still love to know who did that! Far more interesting than some silly old crop circles in the UK! Just kidding as I know our British friends take those crop circles pretty seriously!

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Thats cool!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by SamIAm717 View Post

I would still love to know who did that! Far more interesting than some silly old crop circles in the UK! Just kidding as I know our British friends take those crop circles pretty seriously!

Disney by the numbers lists this factoid about it:

50,000 pine trees were planted by WDW cast members across 50 acres to form a “hidden Mickey” in honor of the WDW’s 20th anniversary on February 27, 1992.

Disney By The Numbers - Disney by The Numbers

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Red Helicopter is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: One Big Mickey South of Clermont

If you google "Mickey Forest" you will find lots of info, particularly from the Orlando Sentinel.

This hidden mickey is so large, the footprint would cover most of the magic kingdom. I've always wanted to drive out to see it, but figured it would just be a disappointment from ground level. Wouldn't be able to see the Mikey Forest for the trees.
    The Red Helicopter
    . . . Always hangin' out around Epcot!

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards

Just a little more info on the gi-normous Mickey its a bit South of Clermont, follow US27 on a map, the stand of trees is SE of lake Louisa and east of US27 its along a road called "Shell Pond Road" where is corners at "Trout Lake"

Google Maps

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Wow. That's pretty cool! Hmm.... Maybe it is owned by warner brothers.... yup must be it lol. I wonder what the story/purpose of it is....
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

JordanRHughes is offline A-Ticket holder

That's awesome. Who found that one?

Thanks for the share.

Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by SamIAm717 View Post
    Check this one out! Now this is one big hidden Mickey about 10 miles NW of WDW near Clermont, FL.

Steve Barrett is free to use it.

It's definitely not a natural growth pattern!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12