Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Hidden Mickeys Discuss Hidden Mickey on Carousel of Progress in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Hi, My wife and I visitied the MK over the weekend and we sat through a viewing of the Carousel of Progress. My wife noticed a Hidden Mickey in the ...
    techguy418 is offline A-Ticket holder

Cool Hidden Mickey on Carousel of Progress

Hi,

My wife and I visitied the MK over the weekend and we sat through a viewing of the Carousel of Progress.

My wife noticed a Hidden Mickey in the last scene showing the family during the future. If you look on the countertop where the father is standing, you'll notice a salt and pepper shaker.

The pepper shaker has white mouse ears on top of it. No one else in our party noticed it so you have to look carefully. It's clear that it is intended as a Hidden Mickey.

I also heard rumors that the TCOP isn't open all of the time at the MK. It most likely will be replaced within the next couple of years with something more modern. So don't miss the chance to see this Hidden Mickey!!!!

Thanks,
    Michael

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Let's hope they don't replace it...they just need to modernize it.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    There are numerous HMs in the final scene. There is a Mickey nutcracker on the mantle, a Mickey in the bags, and the painting in the dining room is rumored to be an abstract painting of Sorcerer Mickey from Fantasia. I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

I highly doubt they'll replace it, as it is the direct product of Walt Disney. They may improve it, yes, but they will never replace it.

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    I hope it is never replaced! that would be very sad. I have never seen that hidden mickey before, i will be sure to look for it when i go to disney world.
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    There are also "mickey" ornaments in the tree made of 3 separate ornaments. I always try and look for more when I'm there!
    Tina

Kellyn25 is offline A-Ticket holder
    People say that it won't be removed because it's directly connected to Walt well so was the Tiki Room and they changed that. Sometimes I wonder if the company cares if they mess with history!

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkTink918 View Post
    There are numerous HMs in the final scene. There is a Mickey nutcracker on the mantle...I highly doubt they'll replace it, as it is the direct product of Walt Disney. They may improve it, yes, but they will never replace it.
    I saw the Mickey on the mantle too...I agree with you how they shouldn't replace it, like I said earlier they just need to modernize it.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!