Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hidden Mickeys Discuss Hidden Mickey Controversy... false or fiction? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Sorry about the late post. My computer crashed recently, and I'm just getting back in the flow. It seems that the Imagineers didn't have the Haunted Mansion Hidden Mickey in ...
    sbarrett is offline Moderator
    Sorry about the late post. My computer crashed recently, and I'm just getting back in the flow. It seems that the Imagineers didn't have the Haunted Mansion Hidden Mickey in the plates on the original design of the banquet table. It's there most of the time now, so I think the Imagineers have given in on this one, due to guest and Cast Member opinion. It reminds me of the side profile Mickey silhouette in the Great Movie Ride Gangster Alley section. Cast members put that one in as well. It was removed by the Imagineers, but it's been back for a while now. So the opinion of guests and Cast Members really does make a difference!

Steve Barrett

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder

It's those darn ghosts

Quote Originally Posted by sbarrett View Post
    Sorry about the late post. My computer crashed recently, and I'm just getting back in the flow. It seems that the Imagineers didn't have the Haunted Mansion Hidden Mickey in the plates on the original design of the banquet table. It's there most of the time now, so I think the Imagineers have given in on this one, due to guest and Cast Member opinion. It reminds me of the side profile Mickey silhouette in the Great Movie Ride Gangster Alley section. Cast members put that one in as well. It was removed by the Imagineers, but it's been back for a while now. So the opinion of guests and Cast Members really does make a difference!

Steve Barrett
    I heard the same thing, that the imagineers just gave up. From what I understand, the imagineers really didn't find the humor in it and were quite displeased with the cast members. Of course, none of the cast members would admit to being the one who would move the plates back and when questioned by management, they blamed it on the ghosts. Obvioulsy, imagineering knew they were fighting a loosing battle.

I had also heard that imagineers finally agreed to put some hidden mickey's in as a peace offering with the cast members who appearently wanted them in the attraction. The grim reeper standing the in crypt was one such compromise. There is a photo of it in this forum posted by klineski96 on 1/30/07. I don't know how true this rumor is as there are many other HM's found on the attraction. It will be interesting to see how many HM's appear after the refurb. this summer.
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

Deviant is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by eyeinthesky View Post
    The grim reeper standing the in crypt was one such compromise. There is a photo of it in this forum posted by klineski96 on 1/30/07. I don't know how true this rumor is as there are many other HM's found on the attraction. It will be interesting to see how many HM's appear after the refurb. this summer.
    That has been there for as long as I can remember, possibly for the entire existance of the ride.

Disclaimer: This post is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Disney World Trivia, Walt Disney World or the Walt Disney Company.

missrosered is offline A-Ticket holder
    When I was there last September, the plates were in both configurations -- the mickey was not there the first time I went through and it was back the next day. I'll see if I have pictures somewhere... bet I do...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12