Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Hidden Mickeys Discuss Questionable HM? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I was too excited to sleep when I arrived at AKL last summer after a very long flight delay from the Uk and thoughts of being carefree for two whole ...
    Heathery1 is offline A-Ticket holder

Questionable HM?

I was too excited to sleep when I arrived at AKL last summer after a very long flight delay from the Uk and thoughts of being carefree for two whole weeks. After being mesmerised by the animals on Arusha Savanah I decided to look for HM's in the room.....

then I found it! A very cleverly hidden HM or dozens of them around the mirror frame in the vanity area!!!!!

I hope you like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Heathery1; 06-14-2007 at 12:00 PM. Reason: missed out a word

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!! A grrreat HM find!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Hee Hee, I thought you meant Haunted Mansion.
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

hermionefan34 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Wow, I've never noticed that, great find!!
    "The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vibrations, and are beginning to materialize. They are assembling for a swinging wake, and will be expecting me. I will see you all a little later..."

Oh how I love the Haunted Mansion!

When I grow up, I'm gonna be an Imagineer!
    Ariel is my favorite princess!

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirates life for me!

Yay, I'm an E-ticket!

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder
    That's a great HM. Have you submitted it to the HiddenMickeysGuide site?
    Hypermommy

wdwfns2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Ok, Steve Barrett thinks I'm crazy...he's probably right...but, does anyone else see this hidden mickey on the tree of life? It looks like one of the knots in the tree morphed to a hidden Mickey.

Questionable HM?-animal-kingdom-tree-life-1-1.jpg

Questionable HM?-animal-kingdom-tree-life-2-1.jpg
    Day 1 WDW Radio
    Keep to the code

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    It all depends on how you look at it. I see hundreds in that frame.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwfns2 View Post
    Ok, Steve Barrett thinks I'm crazy...he's probably right...but, does anyone else see this hidden mickey on the tree of life? It looks like one of the knots in the tree morphed to a hidden Mickey.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Animal Kingdom - Tree of Life 1-1.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	289.0 KB 
ID:	2942

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Animal Kingdom - Tree of Life 2-1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	183.2 KB 
ID:	2943
    I don't think you're crazy, but I also don't think it's an (intentional) hidden mickey. The ears aren't touching the head. At the very least, the left ear (from our point of view) is just kinda floating there a few inches above the head. I can certainly see why you and other people might think it's one, but I personally don't think so.

Of course, I once heard a Guest Relationtions CM tell a guest "It's a Hidden Mickey if you think it is", so who cares what I think. It only matters what you think. :-)

wdwfns2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    I don't think you're crazy, but I also don't think it's an (intentional) hidden mickey. The ears aren't touching the head. At the very least, the left ear (from our point of view) is just kinda floating there a few inches above the head. I can certainly see why you and other people might think it's one, but I personally don't think so.
    But you have to remember that the Tree of Life represents a living organism and the knot(head of Mickey) has grown out over the years. If you look to the base of the knotQuestionable HM?-animal-kingdom-tree-life-2-2.jpgyou can see that it is touching the left indentation(ear). I think this was actually a pretty clever imagineer who studied their botany.
    Day 1 WDW Radio
    Keep to the code

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Like I said, you're welcome to your opinion. I'm entitled to mine. There's no way at all to *know* without actually finding the imagineer who worked on that specific section of the Tree and ask him directly. If it was intentional, with the backstory you provided, then I agree, that's quite impressive. I'm simply of the opinion that it wasn't, that's all.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    It is very cool, and I'm impressed that you noticed it, but I think I have to lean to the side of not only because the circles are not touching.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.