Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Hidden Mickeys Discuss Wait. There has got to be more Hidden Mickeys. in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I have compiled a list of the easiest/only Hidden Mickeys with pictures that I could find online, that I have to find in WDW this Spring. Are there any ridiculously ...
    egran125 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Wait. There has got to be more Hidden Mickeys.

I have compiled a list of the easiest/only Hidden Mickeys with pictures that I could find online, that I have to find in WDW this Spring. Are there any ridiculously cool ones that I'm missing or... any sugggggestions?

• The formation of the rocks looking at SplashMountain from far away, just before the drop.
    • The three bobbers in SplashMountain right after the frog sitting on the alligator fishing, by the picnic basket.
    • The three plates in the HauntedMansion in the ballroom scene.
    • The sewer thing and the rocks in Animal Kingdom in HarambeVillage by the ice cream stand.
    • The three windows in MGM by Bill and Min’s Diner.
    • On Spaceship Earth, the Mickey clock on the boy’s dresser during the scene at the end, with the Chinese girl.
    • The Mickey stuffed animal, wrapping paper, and painting in the last scene of The Carousel of Progress.
    • The Viking wearing the Mickey ears in the line of Maelstrom in Norway.
    • The baseball cap in the boy’s bedroom in Spaceship Earth.
    • In section 5B of the queue line of Test Track, on the floor by the crash dummy, the coiling wires.
    • Also in the queue for Test Track, in section 8B on the workbench, by the torso test.
    • The hoses on the floor right before the crash scene of Test Track, which is more able to be seen in the on-ride photo.
    • Hidden “Minnie” in the loading area of The Great Movie Ride, by the round building…
    • The desk lamp on the podium in Tower of Terror, just before entering the library.
    • The right-hand wall of the Rockin’ Rollercoaster preshow, the microphone cords.
    • The fire-hydrant just past Pizzafari in Animal Kingdom, in front of Island Mercantile, by the Vacation Club thing.
    • Just outside Chester and Hester's Dinosaur Treasures, to the right of the front door of the store near the newly paved roadway next to the new construction.

• By the singing fat lady in the graveyard scene of The Haunted Mansion, in the picture of the ghost.
    • The ring on Walt’s finger in the Mickey and Walt statue in front of the castle! Weee.
    • In the loading area of Snow White, in the mural, the hanging boxers have Mickey shaped holes.
    • The Pollost Prime planet in the line of Buzz Lightyear.
    • Wow that list is insane. Hopefully I've helped some people out at the same time. WHOOP.

./.// / Eric /. / /

sbarrett is offline Moderator
    Eric,

Actually, the ring Walt is wearing (the statue in front of Cinderella Castle) appears to the eye as a Hidden Mickey. But if you take a closeup photo of the ring, it's not a HM! I asked Lou about that, and he agreed. The ring has special insignia on it but not a Mickey. Right Lou?

Steve Barrett, author of the Hidden Mickeys book

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Quote Originally Posted by sbarrett
    Actually, the ring Walt is wearing (the statue in front of Cinderella Castle) appears to the eye as a Hidden Mickey. But if you take a closeup photo of the ring, it's not a HM!
    Does anybody have a picture of the ring?
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    I agree with you on that Steve. I would go get a pic of it but that area has been torn up and is being reworked right now.

Thats so weird. Oh well, I guess the website I found it on was lying to make themselves look cool. Oh well, I can just pretend it is, and tell my friends it is, they won't have any idea. It's all good. Thanks though.
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic
    I agree with you on that Steve. I would go get a pic of it but that area has been torn up and is being reworked right now.
    Will that work be done by Thursday next?
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Oh, by the way, I found a picture of it at www.hiddenmickeys.org... and... it was in the Magic Kingdom section and such.
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by sbarrett
    Eric,

Actually, the ring Walt is wearing (the statue in front of Cinderella Castle) appears to the eye as a Hidden Mickey. But if you take a closeup photo of the ring, it's not a HM! I asked Lou about that, and he agreed. The ring has special insignia on it but not a Mickey. Right Lou?

Steve Barrett, author of the Hidden Mickeys book
    I believe I have a picture of it somewhere, as Steve and I looked at it pretty closely. I agree with the Master that its not a real HM.

I looked at the attachment Steve had sent me previosuly Anyway, I believe the ring is a Claddagh (an Irish symbol of love, loyalty and friendship.The crown symbolizes loyalty and the hands symbolize friendship, which is, after all, the very foundation of love, with loyalty holding the two hands together. If the ring is worn on the right hand with the heart pointing out, it means that the wearer's heart is uncommitted. Worn on the same hand with the heart pointing inward, the Claddagh means that the wearer's heart is taken. Worn on the left hand with the heart pointing inward, it means "Let Love and Friendship reign forever, never to be separated." (I wasn't sure if you knew or cared about the significance, so sorry if I bored you).

Based on this, one might question why the ring is facing outward, but who knows...

To (finally) answer your question, I looked closely at it, rotated it, etc. but do not see the HM in it.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Haha, no you didn't bore me, that was so interesting. I can't believe that they actually put the ring on the statue to begin with, but I guess thats something that was a part of his life, so they obviously can't leave it out. Thanks so much for that awesome explanation!
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    My new favorite one is in the Body Wars Mural - that is so awesome!!!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

And so hard to find at times.

becca0010 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Don't forget the mural at Rafiki's Planet Watch in AK!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    It is probably just a freak of nature, but recently I noticed three catuses (cacti? Hmm...) that form a hidden mickey of sorts in the BTMRR ride, by that big brass barrell. There are a number of plants right there, but three form a pretty good hidden Mickey...Maybe nature put it there....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

That one is ever changing since mother nature grew it. I always enjoy looking at the flowers and such for those one time Mickey's.