Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Hidden Mickey or not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hidden Mickeys Discuss Animal Kingdom store Hidden Mickey? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I saw this in an Animal Kingdom store on a recent trip, it's on the back of the ladybug. Is it a Hidden Mickey? Thoughts?...
    klineski96 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Animal Kingdom store Hidden Mickey?

I saw this in an Animal Kingdom store on a recent trip, it's on the back of the ladybug. Is it a Hidden Mickey? Thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Animal Kingdom store Hidden Mickey?-new-058.jpg   Animal Kingdom store Hidden Mickey?-new-060.jpg  
    Last edited by klineski96; 02-23-2008 at 08:45 PM.
    I have tons of of various Hidden Mickeys. If there's one you want to see, and if I have it, just ask me and I'll be glad to share it with you!

|_ _|

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Wow that's close. If not for that extra bulge on the right "ear", I'd say it's unquestionably a hidden mickey.... but with that extra bit... man, I really don't know. It's almost like the design was made, and someone decided it looked too much like a HM, and decided to cut out an extra piece to make it look less like one.

But you know the rule - if you think it's a Hidden Mickey, it's a Hidden Mickey! :-)

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    Wow that's close. If not for that extra bulge on the right "ear", I'd say it's unquestionably a hidden mickey.... but with that extra bit... man, I really don't know. It's almost like the design was made, and someone decided it looked too much like a HM, and decided to cut out an extra piece to make it look less like one.

But you know the rule - if you think it's a Hidden Mickey, it's a Hidden Mickey! :-)

and I really dislike that rule!!
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    <shrug> I like it. I like the idea that we can debate and have fun with it. If there was a real list of "official" hidden mickey's, it would be nothing more than a scavenger hunt, and eventually someone would find "all" of them. This way, the game never ends.

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm gonna say no.

When HM hunting, I follow Dr. Barrett's guidelines for the three circle classic Hidden Mickey's. The extra blob on the ear is not as much of a problem for me as the fact that the ears are the esentially the same size as the head. In my book, to qualify as a deliberate HM, the head would have to be larger than the ears.

Just my opinion, of course!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Agree that the ears are a bit too big.

And of course since Hidden Mickey's don't exist there will never be any official ones.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I'm not sure...
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

I don't think I like it too much either.
    I have tons of of various Hidden Mickeys. If there's one you want to see, and if I have it, just ask me and I'll be glad to share it with you!

|_ _|

Okay, in the above post I said I didn't think I liked it too much... but then...

...I went to AK this past Thursday and got a chance to look at it again, in person, and now I'm not so sure about my above post. Seeing it again in person made me rethink that this one could be legitimate. The 3 circles clearly are not the exact same size, while they are close in size, they are not the exact same.

Also, another reason I'm starting to think it may be legit, is that no other display rack in that store that I could find has a simliar shape on it. There are of course other lady bugs painted on the display racks, but no other shapes on those lady bugs that look like a possible Hidden Mickey. A good criteria for a legit Hidden Mickey, in my humble opinion, is that it's not found over and over again, but only once in an area and cleverly disguised.

Maybe we could open this one up for discussion again?

|_ _|

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I have seen this one in person and I also agree that when you look at it closely you tend to believe it is. But as others said, there really is no such thing as an "official" hidden Mickey. They are little touches WDI puts into their creations for fun. I totally agree with the concept of it being very individualized. If you believe it is an HM... then it your book, it is.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

willywilly99 is offline A-Ticket holder
    But you know the rule - if you think it's a Hidden Mickey,

2tinners is offline Mike Wazowski
    I definitely think it is a hidden Mickey.
    Love Disney. I hope to go next spring with the whole family.

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    i think the one above it kind of looks like goofy. but anyways, i voted yes.
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

minniesmh is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I did vote no. Now reading the other posts, I might have to change that answer to I don't know. I would have to look at all the other ladybugs and the markings. Most of the time, you see symmetry (sp?) with markings on both sides. In the picture, you can't see the opposite paint blotch.
    minniesmh

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    so close yet so far away, I vote
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast