Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Hidden Mickey on Dinosaur?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hidden Mickeys Discuss Dinosaur ride Hidden Mickey in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Here's something I found while waiting to get on Dinosaur... I think this could be a legit Hidden Mickey. Thoughts?...
    klineski96 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Dinosaur ride Hidden Mickey

Here's something I found while waiting to get on Dinosaur... I think this could be a legit Hidden Mickey. Thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dinosaur ride Hidden Mickey-ak-015.jpg   Dinosaur ride Hidden Mickey-ak-016.jpg  
    I have tons of of various Hidden Mickeys. If there's one you want to see, and if I have it, just ask me and I'll be glad to share it with you!

|_ _|

DisneyFamilyJD is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Look like it is...amazing.
    Danielle

WDW Visits: '85, '86, '87, '88, '89, '90, 91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06(2), '07(2), '08(4)

Cameo is online now And the voila... you've got a Figment!
    Riding my tricycle around the parking lot
    I'm pretty sure this one is in the Hidden Mickey book. My mom and sister and I spent one trip obsessing over that book. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have found this one without the book leading us in that direction.
    ~Sarah~

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

"Tom Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!
    That hidden mickey is in the book Just read it
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

I don't think this one is in the books. Can you please tell me exactly which page in the book you see this one? And which edition you're looking in, 1, 2 or 3? I'm only seeing 3 Hidden Mickeys listed on the Dinosaur ride:
    1)the HM on the tree trunk before the ride
    2)the HM on the dry erase board on the ride
    3)the HM on the red dinosaur where you can buy ride photos.

Hidden Mickeys Guide : A Field Guide to Walt Disney Worlds Best Kept Secrets
    I have tons of of various Hidden Mickeys. If there's one you want to see, and if I have it, just ask me and I'll be glad to share it with you!

|_ _|

Dominnieque is offline A-Ticket holder
    I didn't see that one! I'll have to keep my eye out when I go. However, did you catch the one on the dry erase board? It's one of my favorites to see.

it is on page 113, 3rd edition.... it says " Visit DINOSAUR next. Go back through Discovery Island and follow the walkway into Dinoland. Find a Hidden Mickey on a painting just inside the DINOSAUR building"
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations

The book is referring to the HM painted on the trunk of the tree.
    Hidden Mickeys Guide : A Field Guide to Walt Disney Worlds Best Kept Secrets

The part of the book you quoted on page 113 isn't a seperate Hidden Mickey, it's clearly describing the painting that has the tree trunk Hidden Mickey. The sentence you quoted has a star next to it, not an actual clue number. Clues 15 through 17 are describing the Hidden Mickeys in the Dinosaur ride area. If the Hidden Mickey (the one shown in the above photos) was in the book, it would have its own clue #, but it doesn't.

Another Hidden Mickey described exactly like this is found on the following page, 114. The Kali River Rapids Hidden Mickey. The book tells you to go to Kali Rapids and find a classic Hidden Mickey made of three plates on the wall. Then, under these instructions, you see clue #19. Clue 19 is the actual Hidden Mickey made of the three plates. Does this mean that there are 2 different Hidden Mickeys made of three plates on the walls because of the instructions/directions and then a following clue? Of course not.

Back to the Dinosaur ride painting... see page 127 of the 3rd Edition for clarification. There are only 3 Hidden Mickeys listed for the Dinosaur ride:
    1)tree trunk
    2)dry erase board
    3)post ride photo dinosaur

|_ _|

ok.. then I was confused... sorry.. i thought that meant it was it's own hidden mickey
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations

Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    ok.. then I was confused... sorry.. i thought that meant it was it's own hidden mickey

No worries... just wanted to share my opinion, and the way that I've always interpreted the way the book is layed out.

Here's another pic of this possible Hidden Mickey from last Thursday:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dinosaur ride Hidden Mickey-ak-003.jpg   Dinosaur ride Hidden Mickey-ak-004.jpg  

|_ _|

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Keep in mind, the Hidden Mickey book is not "official" in anyway. Imagineers throw in HMs all over the place for fun and no book will ever be able to document them all. I've found quite a few that no book has ever mentioned.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Keep in mind, the Hidden Mickey book is not "official" in anyway. Imagineers throw in HMs all over the place for fun and no book will ever be able to document them all. I've found quite a few that no book has ever mentioned.
    Hey BamaJenn we'd love to see pictures or hear descriptions of your new Hidden Mickeys! That's what these boards are for!

|_ _|

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by klineski96 View Post
    Hey BamaJenn we'd love to see pictures or hear descriptions of your new Hidden Mickeys! That's what these boards are for!
    I've actually posted them in the past... just, I've been here so long and posted so often the threads have gotten pushed pretty far down.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

altpirate is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Dinosaur ride Hidden Mickey

That is a really cool find!
    Uttara-Kuru-Our Life

philraw123 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Dinosaur ride Hidden Mickey

Woah, this is such a cool HM! ... will keep an eye out for this one when I return to the world

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast