Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Do you look for Hidden Mickeys in WDW?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Hidden Mickeys Discuss Do you look for Hidden Mickeys? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; ........I .......let's just say........I think HM is a great idea and when I find one,I'm proud,but I have to say,I'm not always on the look out like some of you ...
    BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!

Talking I have to admit.........

........I .......let's just say........I think HM is a great idea and when I find one,I'm proud,but I have to say,I'm not always on the look out like some of you are. Is anyone with me here?!?
    Izzy

flutter is offline Moderator
    I'm with you Bellegurl, I'm also not very good at finding them

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Same here flutter! I always see them way after everyone else does! And I can never find them on my own!
    Izzy

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    I don't know how some of you guys find some of these HM. Either you guys have great eye sight or too much time on your hands . Either way I think it as a talent. I wish I could find some obscure HM :mickey: .
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    I'm not very good at finding them on my own, so I bopught the book and will bring it with me in April, so I can hunt some down!

:mickey:

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Is it a skinny yellow book? That would be Steve's book. You can catch him around these parts every now and then.

sbarrett is offline Moderator
    TrendyMagic and athenna,

Thanks for mentioning my book! When I'm with friends or family at WDW looking for Hidden Mickeys, we usually find one or two new ones. If you're alert for them, it's amazing where they turn up. Or just ask cast members; sometimes they know about new ones. I've asked several of them at the new Stitch ride but so far I've got no response. I didn't spot any in Stitch either, so if you guys spot one in there, let me know!

Steve Barrett, author of the Hidden Mickeys book

rwsheep is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I had not really heard of them either before my last visit, and i really had no idea what to look for. But we're going this summer and I will be sure to keep my eyes open!!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I first started hearing about HMs a good many years ago, actually from a "Walt Disney World Explorer" computer CD thingie that my family had purchased. There were lots of little HMs within the game, but I didn't realize at the time that HMs actually existed in real life.

I don't remember when I first found out about them actually existing. Yet I still never really started looking for them until just a couple weeks ago. I was at MK with my girlfriend and one of my college buddies, and my gf started talking about various little tricks and tidbits she's heard about, including a couple of the better known HMs. Later that same day, both she and my friend stopped in that gift shop inside Cinderella Castle and were looking at a HM book, and seemed amazingly fascinated by it.

So over the next couple weeks, I found myself reading up on a bunch of them online. Now curious as all heck, I find myself looking them left and right. That one in the ride photo from Test Track I had seen when I first bought it, but not knowing what HMs were at the time, I thought it was just a prop for fun. But know I know better!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

geeky91 is offline A-Ticket holder
    There is a hidden mickey in the haunted mansion. There is a ghost half in a walland his arm forms a hidden mickey.
    Already packing for the trip of a lifetime!!!

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I have never tried.

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    I know I have said this in other threads, but Steve's book is awsome! I always wanted to find HMs but never knew where to look. I bought the book a few months before our last trip and my DD8 and I had a great time. Everywhere we went she wanted to look in the book to see if there was a HM around. It kept her so busy while waiting in lineups that I don't think she complained once about waiting.
    Now she looks in movies to find HMs or other hidden characters.( ie Belle in Hunchback of Notre Dame)

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

sbarrett is offline Moderator
    WDW Donna,

Thanks for your kind words! The Hidden Mickey game is addicting to me. I (or my friends and family) find one or two new Hidden Mickeys every month. (I'm lucky to live close to WDW.) The second edition of my Hidden Mickeys book will be available in a month or so. I've now described almost 500 Hidden Mickeys at WDW. For example, I didn't spot the HM's outside the entrance to the Wilderness Lodge Resort until recently. They're really good Hidden Mickeys.

Steve Barrett, author of the Hidden Mickeys book

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    I can't wait for the next edition to come out!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Steve - I just bought your book (along with Lou's) about 3 days ago. I've only begun to read it, but I'm already having a great time with it. I'm fairly new to the HM search, and have really only seen a few. But some of those you described in your book have me wondering to myself "How on Earth did I not see that one???" Most of the ones I've read so far are at some of my favorite attractions that I visit all the time And i consider myself fairly observant. So now I'm all pumped up with stuff I have to check out or look for again the next time I go. Thanks so much!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast