Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Do you look for Hidden Mickeys in WDW?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Hidden Mickeys Discuss Do you look for Hidden Mickeys? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; i look for them sometimes when i am bored. When you find one you feel proud of yourself....
    Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW
    i look for them sometimes when i am bored. When you find one you feel proud of yourself.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Steve,

Do you have the three for Soarin'?

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    I plan to look for them... but then I forget. I get way too happy and excited and forget all about them.
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

Rgjad is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have heard that Mickey is in every Disney movie since Snow White. He is there one way or another. I have tried looking for him on some of my DVD's. The only one I have spotted is in The Lion King. At the beginning when all the animals come to pride rock he is mixed in with them.

egran125 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Yes. I totally look for Hidden Mickeys! I look them up on website (which is cheating I guess) and make a list and bring it with me and then go crazy. It's so awesome. It's exciting too... I feel happy when I find one. YAY.:mickey:
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

sbarrett is offline Moderator
    TrendyMagic,

Can you give me a few hints about the new Hidden Mickeys on Soarin'? I plan to ride Soarin' (for the first time) three days from now, during the soft opening invitation for Passholders. I'll definitely be on the lookout for HM's!

Steve Barrett

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    I'll send a PM your way in a few moments with the info on those three.

sterm26 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Like many of you have posted....I'm aware of them, and plan to look for them....but when the time comes, I usually forget to look because I'm soaking the attraction in. I've seen the Haunted Mansion one (as well as the "Wedding Ring" in the pavement on the exit path), but that's about it.

I took the Behind the Magic backstage tour on my last trip, and the tourguide told us where to look for a Hidden Mickey in Pirates. (Not giving away secrets here). I looked, but still didn't see it. Maybe next time...
    WDW offsite 1979, '83, '86, '87, '89,' 93

ASMo November 2003 (Love Bug)

Pop Century February 2005 (50's)

Pop Century February 2006 (60's)

Pop Century August 2006 (60's)

Coronado Springs February 2009

Disneyland August 1988 (L.A.)

Disneyland August 2005 (Anaheim Plaza)

"His name's Tron, fights for the Users..."

xxxjmcxxx is offline A-Ticket holder
    I look! @_@
    Hi people! I love to go on VMK! @_@

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Exclamation

I'll be honest, no - not so far!!...

On my last visits, I have spotted the odd one and thought them to be cool and good imagineering but thought nothing more of them than that!!

However, when we go back, it will be a different ball game and YES - We'll be looking out for them!!!!!!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

jadezuki is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Before I had ever learned about the Hidden Mickeys at Disney, I would try to find them in the movies. I guess it's just something that little kids are adept at. My two favorites in the movies are:

Sleeping Beauty: Merriweather's conjuring tea and cookies out of the air, and one cookie is a Mickey!
    Aladdin: not a Mickey, but the Sultan is building a tower of little toy animals. When Jafar enters, the animals all fall down, and the Beast is hidden amongst them!

There's also something I found in The Brave Little Toaster... but that's for another thread.

Anyway, when I was in college my roommate was a Cast Member at Great Movie Ride, so we would often go (for free, yay!) and she would point out the Hidden Mickeys to me. Now I look whenever I can. I was so excited when I found the Mickey in the french horn at Philharmagic, because I am a horn player myself!

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    I hadnt heard about hidden mickeys until proboly last April. When i went last time i was going to search but i got so distracted. The World as so much stuff even after going so many times. I did find some every once in awhile or remind myself that i should look. One day when going into MK i totally forgot about them, but when i walk i sometimes look at the ground and what is on the ground outside MK? Those stones and then i remembered that there was a HM in the bells of some of them. Small things just reminded me that i should be looking. Maybe next time ill get some more of them or be reminded more often

(and this is my 50th post not quite the achievement many of u have but im proud of it)
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    I did remember about the wedding ring in the pavement but i couldnt find it at all. I think the HM(haunted mansion) HMs are some of the easiest to find because they are right there or very large(some of them)
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

Cameo is offline And the voila... you've got a Figment!
    Riding my tricycle around the parking lot
    I guess I have always sort of been on the look-out for Disney magic in one form or another. I had seen the HM in the ballroom scene of Haunted Mansion and a few other prominent ones on the rides, but I hadn't realized they were as numerous as they are. Then I went to Disney with my mom and sister about 2 years ago and picked up the Hidden Mickey book on our first night at Downtown Disney. Well my mom and I had flown down first and my sister joined us a few nights later. By the time she arrived we had become pretty good at spotting the mickeys and my sister was getting a bit frustrated with us. My lucky mother was in charge of the backpack with our stuff and when we got into every single line my sister started digging in it to find the book. She'd read through the info for the specific ride and toss it back in the bag, only to go through this process for the next ride, and the next, and the next. Why we didn't just leave the book out, I'll never know. It definitely was a great way to pass time though while waiting in line. There's still a few I've yet to find though...

specifically a couple in the Great Movie Ride that have me mystified.
    ~Sarah~

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

"Tom Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

sbarrett is offline Moderator
    Cameo,

Thanks for using my book! I've set up some Hidden Mickey Hunts for MouseFest in about two weeks. At MGM, I hope our group can get on The Great Movie Ride without too much of a wait. (I was at MGM today walking through the HM hunt, and the wait for GMR in the afternoon was only 10 or 15 minutes). GMR has some terrific Hidden Mickeys, and maybe a tiny one in a window of the loading dock mural that I'm not sure about. I want to ask the group to vote on it after we get off the ride. Maybe we can get a decent photo of it. If any of you are at MouseFest, be sure and say hello!

Steve Barrett

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast