Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Do you look for Hidden Mickeys in WDW?

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Hidden Mickeys Discuss Do you look for Hidden Mickeys? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I am new to this, the last time I went to Disney, I was wearing trainer pants, or so I seem to recall. I've been dating this girl for about ...
    LordofStitch is offline B-Ticket Holder

Talking ...

I am new to this, the last time I went to Disney, I was wearing trainer pants, or so I seem to recall. I've been dating this girl for about 5 months, and she got me into Disney all over again. Since then, I've spotted a few hidden mickey's in the World of Disney Store in NYC AND, I also spotted 3 HM's in the new Pirateas of the Carribean: At World's End movie. I didn't know they existed until I met Catherine (o8catrina8o), but now, I am more than likely going to be bobbing my head in every possible direction. I heard of a few difficult (very) ones on Main Street USA, on the buildings, and windows. Thos Cast Members/Imagineers sure love their work, and I can see why. They are working at the most Magical/AMAZING place on earth. That's my drewam now, it took a good girlfriend to open my ey7es and make me realize my dream!

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    I spotted this at the Laughing Place playground...does it count as a hidden mickey? Sorry the photo is so dark - the object in question is the three logs to the lower right of the sign

Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

certainly looks like one to me

NH Disney Drmr is offline B-Ticket Holder
    New Hampshire - too far away from the magic :(
    I have known about the HM for some time, and had even seen a few before I realized there was such a craze. I have bought the book and will be devoting much of my time looking for them. I want to get pictures of as many of them as I can also. I am telling you, I am more anxious for this trip than the rest of my family.
    NH Disney Drmr

October 5, 2013....Mother
    & Daughter trip. She's 16, I'm 40+...Who says Disney is just for kids.

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    I have submitted over 30 or so to Steve Barrett... and a few so far have made it on his site..... he is checking out the others to see if they are ok..... it is so much fun finding new ones!!!!!!

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

I sent in a HM to Steve as well. It's located in Mickey's room in Mickey's House in Mickey's Toontown, lol. Say that 5 times fast..... Look at the sunflowers, and tell me what you think... Steve says he will take a photo of it when he goes on his next trip/search... I showed my girlfriend, and she was amazed. She says it is, but I don't really know the requirements of making an object become a HM...

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yes i look for hidden mickey's but i have never actually found one.

Vitani is offline A-Ticket holder
    I prefer to just watch the movies than search for hidden mickey's. I find it ruins my enjoyment of it if I spend all my time looking for them.
    Tears of pain, tears of joy
    One thing nothing can destroy
    Is our pride, deep inside
    We are one

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    i looked for them when i went a couple of weeks ago and found a few thanks to the hidden mickey book and i found a few on my own
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Yes, I always look. My favorites ar ein DAK on Kilamanjaro Safari, the Mickey island by the elephants and the Mickey shaped depresion as you approach the lions.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    Sure do! Its fun to look for them with people you are there with, and we have the book

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    Yes, I definitely looked for them! 3 of my favs this trip ( july 10th - 17th ) were : 1) At the Norway pavillion on the wall directly behind the load area for Maelstrom is a large mural. There is a viking ship on the lower left side and directly under the center stripe of the sail is a viking wearing " Mickey Ears " instead of a horned helmet! 2) At RnRC in the pre-show there are amplifier cords right up front on the lower right-hand side of the floor looped in the figure of a classic 3-circled Mickey! And 3) At the shop at the front of the Moroco pavillion on the front door, there are 3 platters, again in the shape of the classic 3-circled Mickey!!!
    Our kiddo's really loved the viking b/c it was so hard to find untill we got closer in line!! I know most of ya'll know about all of these, but it was our first trip even knowing what a " Hidden Mickey " was!!!!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

sjh801 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Always and everywhere. And they have to be "real" Hidden Mickeys in the right proportions like Steve Barrett talks about.
    Sandy

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    Yes, exactly as you described. With 1 larger circle for Mickey's face and 2 properly placed smaller circles for his ears !
    Unless, of course, they are the profile " Hidden Mickey's!!!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    I love to look for hidden mickeys, but I didn't realise that they were in the films too!!!
    Does anyone have any good ones to share? x x

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast