Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hidden Mickeys Discuss All About Hidden Mickeys... from the Author in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I am pleased to welcome Steve Barrett , author of Hidden Mickeys: A Field Guide to Walt Disney World's Best Kept Secrets , and the Hassle-Free WDW Vacation to our ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

All About Hidden Mickeys... from the Author

I am pleased to welcome Steve Barrett, author of Hidden Mickeys: A Field Guide to Walt Disney World's Best Kept Secrets, and the Hassle-Free WDW Vacation to our community.

Look for articles from him in the Mouse M.A.P. section of main site, as well as posts in the forums.

His first article, All About Hidden Mickeys - from the Man Who Wrote the Book on Them... Literally! can be found in our main site by clicking on the link.

Steve is "sbarrett" here in the forums, so be sure to say Hi and talk to the author!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

sbarrett is offline Moderator
    Lou and Hidden Mickey Friends,

What an exciting website! Thanks for inviting me. I'm looking forward to fun conversation about Hidden Mickeys and all things Disney.

Steve

KristaTX is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey! 2 of my favorite Disney fans and authors in the same place. Hi guys - I just joined the site tonight. Hi Steve - yes, this is Krista in Fort Worth . And hi Lou - great site and nice "meeting" you today. I'll be hanging around often.

Krista

Krista, great to hear from you! I'm headed for WDW this afternoon to meet my cousin from the Longview, TX area. We're chowing down at Hoop-Dee-Doo; the Orlando Sentinel just had an article honoring the 30th anniversary of this wonderful dinner show. By the way, I found five (there may be more) new Hidden Mickeys in the newly renovated Mickey's Star Traders shop in the MK. But alas, the great Hidden Mickey on the pink star map is now gone from the store! Bummer! I wish Disney would ask me before terminating a perfectly good Hidden Mickey!

Steve Barrett

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Quote Originally Posted by sbarrett
    By the way, I found five (there may be more) new Hidden Mickeys in the newly renovated Mickey's Star Traders shop in the MK. But alas, the great Hidden Mickey on the pink star map is now gone from the store! Bummer! I wish Disney would ask me before terminating a perfectly good Hidden Mickey!

Steve Barrett

I am still trying to decide which ones are really hidden mickeys in this place. And which ones are just designs. I have pics posted in the Tomorrowland Gallery

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...ry.php?cat=508

That is too bad about the pink star map Mickey . But at least there are 5 new ones to be found . Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned, Steve. I, of course, am already to be back in FL. Hopefully December will happen for me and I can see you and a bunch of other friends again.

LilMarcieMouse is offline B-Ticket Holder

Talking

Hi Steve and Welcome to this place. I wanted to tell you how much I love your book. I bought and took it with me on my last trip it was so helpful, Expcelly at AKL. I have my pictures posted on another thread. Thank you for your book and the time you put inot it.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

LilMarcieMouse,

Thanks for your kind words! Come in December to MouseFest and we can hunt Hidden Mickeys along with fellow Disney nuts!

Steve Barrett

LilMarcieMouse is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by sbarrett
    LilMarcieMouse,

Thanks for your kind words! Come in December to MouseFest and we can hunt Hidden Mickeys along with fellow Disney nuts!

Steve Barrett
    *Sigh* Oh how I wish I could do this. But alas my job will not allow me to leave in Dec. I work in retail. Someday I hope to beable to join you and other Hidden Mickey Fans for a hunt.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

Hey Steve -

I saw your book this week on the Travel Channel's Fan's Guide: Walt Disney World . It was on the corner of the bed in the Murphy's room. I guess you could call it a Hidden Hidden Mickeys: A Field Guide to Walt Disney World's Best Kept Secrets .

Krista
    Last edited by KristaTX; 08-03-2004 at 06:37 PM.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I noticed that as well!! Congrats to you Steve!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    I've seen that book everywhere and I've been meaning to purchase it, but keep forgetting. Maybe I can get it from you Steve and have it personally signed, to make it one more signed Disney book to add to my collection. I don't know if you have it or not, but in The Great Movie Ride there is a Hidden MINNIE. Yes, that's right, it's Minnie and not Mickey. It is THE only Minnie in all of the Disney properties too.
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

iamdaisyduck is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I didn't know where to post it but i wanted to tell Steve that I have his book and just love it!! Is there going to be a new 2004/5 edition soon with new Mickeys and maybe some pictures?

Krista and Lou,

Thanks for the kind comments. I'm looking forward to meeting up with you two at MouseFest in a few weeks.

WDWScottieBoy,

If you're at MouseFest, I'd be honored to sign a book for you. Otherwise, let me know and I'll get a book to you. Thanks.

iamdaisyduck,

You're right. A number of Hidden Mickeys have been lost and new ones have appeared. I'll meet with my publisher at MouseFest in a few weeks and plan for the updated book. It should be available sometime in 2005. Thanks for your support!

Steve Barrett

flutter is offline Moderator
    Hi Steve
    I bought your book last year and you signed it for me at Mousefest. Hope to see you again this year
    Tracy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast