Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Hidden Mickeys Discuss Hidden Mickey in Tom Sawyer Island cave in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I was going through and resizing all of my photos from recent trips so I could maybe burn a few (hundred) of them to CDs and free up some of ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

Hidden Mickey in Tom Sawyer Island cave

I was going through and resizing all of my photos from recent trips so I could maybe burn a few (hundred) of them to CDs and free up some of the massive load on my computer. While in the process I happened to stumble across a pic I had taken inside one of the caves on TSI (sorry... don't remember which one I was in at the time. I don't really frequent TSI all that often). I remember having taken the photograph because I was interested in the fossil-like imprints on the wall, but upon a closer inspection just now I spotted three dark stones that look to form a small Mickey. Of course, the stones are all about the same size, and are not physically touching, but are certainly positioned in just such a way that they do appear to be an intentional Mickey.

I have a copy of Steve Barrett's book, and so I imediately went to the index and looked up TSI, but the only HM listed there was the one on the side of BTMRR that you can see from the Fort. I also ran a search here on DWT for this HM and didn't find any results, so I just though maybe I might be on to something. Here's some pics so you can be the judge. Whaddaya think?

the cave wall...

a little closer...
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    definitely

If we can dream it, we can do it

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    ok its definatley a HM....my DD just come over and thot I would inquire of an expert spotter...LOL.
    I asked her what that is a picture of?,,,,without missing a beat she says "mickey mouse ears"
    So there you have an official HM according to an almost 3yr old...lol
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Going through my pictures again and the timestamps on each of them, I believe I have pieced together a more precise location of this potential HM. According to the timstamps, I took the picture you see here less than a full minute after another one which depicts the entrance to Injun Joe's Cave. That would mean that it is on a wall (On the left side, going by memory) only a short ways inside that cave. Most areas in all the TSI caves are very dark and difficult to see the walls, and perhaps this is why I didn't notice this HM before. And yet it was just light enough for me to make out the fossil-thingies... hmmm. I think I need to go take a closer look, now that I think I know where to find it again.
    -Don-

clara is offline B-Ticket Holder
    From the perspective of an (admitted) purist when it comes to HM's ... I'm sad to say I am not feeling it. Of couse someone intentionally put them as they are, but they don't touch, and are all the same size. If they were smaller ears and a larger stone for the head and still didn't touch I'd be more apt to agree ... I'm sorry -- maybe someone else can shed light here too?

sbarrett is offline Moderator
    As Clara mentioned, if you use criteria for the three-circle (classic) Hidden Mickey, this one doesn't quite make it. I believe that if the artist or designer wanted to form a classic HM with proper proportions, he or she could do it easily enough. But Disney's official line now is: "If you think it's a Hidden Mickey, then it is one." Cast members have recently become quite "loose" in what they call a Hidden Mickey. So I'll never (out loud) deny anyone's firm belief (especially a child's!).

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    aaahhh, what, no hidden mickey,
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Well, even I thought it a bit of a stretch, but seeing as I already had a picture of it, i just figured I'd throw it out there and let you guys have a look-see to see what you all thought.
    -Don-