Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hidden Mickeys Discuss HiddenMickeysGuide.com in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; nice site, it would be good about hidden mickeys.,...
    FailAttempt--X is offline A-Ticket holder
    nice site, it would be good about hidden mickeys.,

Thanx Jessie on VMKMagic!!
    Guitar_Kira on VMK.
    I got friends who rely on me.

DsnyLeigh is offline A-Ticket holder
    I carry the books with me every trip!!! I love them. I do have a question though. I vaguely remember on one of the episodes of the WDW Radio show that Steve mentioned a list could be printed somewhere off his website. An index of some kind maybe? Does anyone remember this? I would love to have something that is a little bit more quick access to look at.

sbarrett is offline Moderator
    DsnyLeigh,

You can print the Hidden Mickey titles from the main category pages. For example, if you went to the Magic Kingdom Hidden Mickeys in the catalog, all the MK Hidden Mickey titles would appear on one or more pages that could be printed.

Thanks for your kind comments about my book!

Steve Barrett

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    In MGM, across from the information board, we saw three green plumbing caps in the landscaping that look like a hidden mickey. a rough one, but if you saw it, you may agree with us.
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder

Does this Count?

Hey Steve, Love Your Book. We found this "Hidden Mickey" while waiting in MGM for the parade. Not sure if it counts, but Debbie and I thought of You right away!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

Thanks for your kind words about my book! I don't tend to like three-circle images as a Hidden Mickey if all circles are the same size. I cling to the notion that if an Imagineer or Disney designer wishes to place a Hidden Mickey, he or she will at least approximate the proportions of Mickey's head and ears. Just my humble opinion!

Steve Barrett

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Hi Steve...

I've met you a couple of times at previous MouseFests, and attended three of your Hidden Mickey hunt meets. You even signed my copy of the Hidden Mickeys book last year. Granted it's only the first edition, and now the stores in the parks are selling the third, but I treasure it anyway, and often carry it with me when I travel the parks.

Now I'm not normally a hard-core Hidden Mickey hunter, so I'm not usually the type to go through the book, picking out ones I want to go try to find, but occasionally I will pull out the book just to see if there is anything in or around wherever I am now. But one of my favorite things is when I find them unexpectedly, not even really looking for them or anything.

Well anyway (see... I am getting somewhere with this, I promise), for a brief moment in time last week, I was under the impression that I might have discovered a new Hidden Mickey for you, and I was all excited about it... until I saw that you were actually no stranger to it after all. I was in the Magic Kingdom the other day and decided to go check out one of my favorite attractions, Mickey's Philharmagic, over in Fantasyland. One of my favorite Hidden Mickeys is the obvious (and yet still easy to miss if you haven't spotted it at least once) Mickey in the french horn on the upper right side of the "stage". But as far as I was aware, that was the only Hidden Mickey that I had ever known to exist in the attraction. Now being that I only have the first edition of your book, and you of course didn't have that attraction listed in that edition, I didn't really have a way to look and see if you had found any more in there. I was certain you had to have at least known about that one, because it was so easy to spot, so I didn't think too much of it. But as I was sitting there watching the film, and the scene evolved into a magic carpet chase plummeting down out of the sky and into the streets of Agrabah, the thought that popped into my head was "How cool would it be to play a video game on a screen this size, with the way it wraps almost all the way around you like this." And it was as I was thinking this that I decided to look away from the action at center screen and take in some of the rest of the city skyline as we plummeted towards the earth below, and that's when I saw three golden rooftop domes all merge for only a brief second as the perspective changed, and for only a quick instant... there was what appeared to be a great three circle Mickey.

I was ecstatic! I wasn't even looking for one, and there it was! And best of all... it was obscure! It wasn't something obvious... it was something that was only visible for a second, and way off on the far left side of the screen, away from the action. "I think I might have just found a new Mickey... I have to tell Steve" I kept thinking to myself. But it was as I was leaving the theater, still very much pleased with my new discovery, that I thought... "Oh wait, my version of Steve's book is significantly out of date. Maybe I better check his latest before I go sending this "find" to him. I ran (ok... walked briskly) straight to the nearest gift shop that sold your book, checked to make sure it was in fact the third edition, and then opened up to the index. Sure enough, Mickey's Philharmagic was in it, and as I opened to the correct page and scanned down the list, it was the very last entry at the bottom of the list that read something like "Look to your left during the magic carpet scene to spot a good classic Mickey on the rooftops... 5 points."

"Gah!!!" I was so excited, thinking I had found one before you, but I was sorely wrong. But I was happy about the fact that I found it without meaning to... and without anyone giving me any hints, or telling me where to look. It was all on my own. Not to mention... it was a big 5 pointer according to the Hidden Mickeys master himself.

Anyway... I just wanted to let you know about that little bright spot on my day, and that I was thinking of you and your books. Thanks for all the Hidden Mickey tours, and I hope to see you again at MouseFest '07 if I can make it.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Don,

Great to hear from you! You are really special, since very few folks have spotted the PhilharMagic classic Mickey in the buildings without prompting. You found it on your own, and that is very cool! In fact, I had to have help to find it. So, kudos to you, and I hope to see you at MouseFest!

Steve Barrett

o8catrina8o is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hey Steve i was watching the footage me and steve took when we hung out with u on pirates in july and i saw the hidden mickey finally after watching it re watching it on davy jones hat so cool it is defintly there
    1993 - Dolphin
    1995- Aunt House
    1997- Off Site
    1999- Off Site
    2000- Coronodo Springs
    2002- Port Orleans and All Star
    2003- Off Site
    2004- Off Site - Christmas Time
    2005- Pop Century -Christmas Time
    2005 -Carribean Beach - DIsney Wonder
    2005- Disneyland- Spring Break
    2006- Pop Century - Halloween
    2006- Polynesian - My High Graduation
    2007 - Pop Century
    2007- All Star Sport- Christmas TIme
    2008 - Port Orleans
    2009 - Disney Land

I've studied photos of Davy Jones' hat recently, and I think you may be right. The circles on his hat may be a legitimate classic Mickey. I'm still trying to get a decent photo. Good to hear from you!

Steve Barrett

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I have the first edition hidden mickey book

JamboJohn is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvnTheMagic View Post
    HI!I found a Hidden Mickey at the Animal Kingdom, I think its the Majaraja Trek, anyway, the tiger exhibit, before you leave the exhibit, look at the wall on the right, above the little man, in the clouds is a swirling mickey head! Love those little guys![url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    that is one of two in the jungle trek... keep looking for the other.

i can proudly say that kilimanjaro safaris has the largest hidden mickey on property!!

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by JamboJohn View Post
    that is one of two in the jungle trek... keep looking for the other.

i can proudly say that kilimanjaro safaris has the largest hidden mickey on property!!
    Is it bigger than the "lake" in the middle of the race track?
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

JamboJohn is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    Is it bigger than the "lake" in the middle of the race track?
    that one is not considered "hidden" as it was planned to be seen from the grandstand. there are also complete groves of trees on property that are in the shape of mickey as well as sand traps in the golf courses but none of these qualify as being hidden...

willywilly99 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yea And let him know when you thing you find new

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast